White Widow & Bubba Kush

Thinking of taking the main cola of the first widow today or tomorrow. It’s far ahead the rest of the plant and really looks like it’s done. Watched a few youtube videos on cutting the main cola off and folding the stem down. Then let the rest of the plant mature.

Anyone have experience with this?

2 Likes

So I caved and took a lil sample of the oldest widow. The trics seemed nice and milky. Lower buds are getting alot more light now.

Here’s some before and after…

7 Likes

So after looking at the rest of the widow. Decided last night to take the rest. The lower buds that wernt quite done will go into cooking with the trim.

The remaining bubba and the other widow still have maybe another 2 weeks I think. Going to start flushing them now.

Here’s a nice shot of a little nug…

7 Likes

And here’s a cpl pics of the remaining widow

And the Bubba

7 Likes

First J of my own weed!

What a great feeling. The first cola of widow I chopped early has been hanging for a week now. Chopped a nug of it for a sample before I put it in a jar.

Real smooth and already has a nice taste. White ashes. Cant wait to try again with a proper cure. Itll be a long few weeks.

3 Likes

Ok so unfortunately the other Bubba went hermi on me as well. I managed to get some decent looking bud off it but It never swelled up like I had wanted.

Steer clear of Bubba kush seeds from CropKing. Been looking around and am finding a few grows of that seed and many problems with hermaphrodites. Real disappointing.

2 Likes

But in other news…the remaining Widow is just crushing it right now. Some massive colas and caked in crystals. Also the temperature shift at night(around 10 degrees C) is causing some really cool coloring. I figure itll be done in 1 week.

5 Likes

Hollow stems question:

So once again, most of the top colas are finished(just starting to show red trichromes with 60-70% milky)

Planning on cutting them off and letting the lower buds mature for another couple weeks maybe.

All the stems are hollow. Should I be taping or maybe tying those ends closed? Try to seal up the openings from the clipped coals?

Any help is appreciated!!

Man to me smoking your own is just that much better and rewarding because YOU did that…the plants looked great tho. Sorry for the hermies that sucks man. Enjoy the smoke!!

1 Like

I never had any issues relating to the hollow stems. I’m a noob but both strains I grew out on my last grow i noticed they were hollow. At that point I assumed all stems were hollow lol anyways I didn’t have any issues

1 Like

@Joboo hey thanks for the compliments. Did you selective harvest your plants with the hollow stems? If they going to grow for a couple weeks after I cut the main cola off I’m not sure how to properly seal them back up. or if you even have to

1 Like

No I didn’t do that i harvested all at once however before harvesting I had broke a couple of colas. Thats when I noticed they were hollow. So anyways I cut them at the break point and just left them alone and they were fine. If you are really worried about the open wound you could throw some tape on it. Since you’re indoor I’d say it is safer to leave the wound open since it isn’t exposed to the outdoor environment so your chances of disease are lower. In a few days the open ends close up anyways basically

3 Likes

Awesome thanks for your help!

I’m going to chop her up and spend my afternoon trimming.

1 Like

What are your plans for drying and curing? Are you hanging each individual cola or whole plant hanging? I’ve seen a lot of people having great success with curing in a brown paper bag. I’m going to give that a shot my next harvest…anyways just curious. Have fun

1 Like

Havnt heard of the paper bag method I’ll check it out.

Pretty standard for me I think…

• Cutting and trimming wet.
  • Hang upside down in a dark spacious closet until small branches snap
  • transfer to jar and burp a few times a day for the first week then once a day after that

Closet is 20 C and 52% humidity for the first cpl days then I drop the temp to 17 C for the rest of the week.

Here’s a shot of one of the colas that really turned a nice purple

6 Likes

Cool sounds like a good plan. Yeah apparently the paper bag method works really well for not drying your stuff out too fast. Your stuff looks great man

2 Likes

if you are worried about the open stem affecting your plant - cause an open wound is open to bad stuff - you can hit the open stem with some aloe vera gel [ even heard using chewing gum] to block the wound…YMMV for sure…

3 Likes

yeah it wasn’t me that was worried lol but good info anyways. @Rriichh was asking because he had barvested the main cola first and was worried about the open wounds. Interesting about the chewing gum which makes sense because the sugars in the gum would also aid in recovery i would assume

2 Likes

the focus is just to keep the plant from stressing and not focused on healing the wound…

2 Likes

anyone have some pollen to share ? - i just started some WW and Fat Blueberry and would like to make seeds to share…

4 Likes