Who went from HPS or CMH to LED and didn't go back?

Woah! Not what i was expecting. Ha ha.
Thats a neat idea.

It’s experimental…I’ll tweek it over time to see if I can get a definite effect. I’m collecting parts for the light as we speak, and once my six week backorder items are available, I’ll try to collate a build journal.

2 Likes

Grabbed a luxx 645 for a 5x5 tent set up I’m putting together. ~$30 a month electricity sounds good to me

1 Like

I think NASA went to LEDs and didn’t go back.

I don’t work for NASA but I still put in on my resume

3 Likes

Yeah, but NASA also launched Challenger. It didn’t go back either. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That is a good historical example.

Another one is that HPS lights were invented in the 1930s.

1 Like

I agree, HID has the light penetration.

The large Bridgelux lights spread out the light sources and that somewhat improves light penetration but HID still rules.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Just set up my new luxx 645 in a 5x5 tent. Looking forward to seeing how it performs.

7 Likes

Which do you think is better? CMH or HPS? And why?

For any of you still rocking the HPS, an area grow chain is blowing out these nice fixtures and Eye Hortilux Super HPS bulbs:

3 Likes

This guy!..

I started under HPS… Got obsessed with light spectrum for resin production… Added some CFL UVBs for xtra THC …

Then LED started getting ok… I tried some LEDs and hated yield but loved quality… hehe…

Then LED started getting good, The growerschoice e720 with UVB IR bar kicks out some crazy stuff … been running it a year and lovin it more each run!

With this LED you can get MH, HPS or LED spectrum… it can adjust to your preference… it is very much a light setup for folks obsessed with resin production and tasty aromatic flowers… combined with some extra worm castings and carbon in the soil it is um um good!

No it does not cook dinner or anything just grows great herb! haha…

Recently I had some flowers i grew with it at the innings festival in tampa… somebody smelled it and came up to me whilest I was smokin a j and offered money for a hit… I had a quarter j left but also a box full of rolled js so I just gave the roach to em… Half Hour later he and his GF comeback saying they smoked for decades and that was the best they ever had! The roach end of that J! it was so good!

I was able to convert him from Dispensary to Homegrow! Another one bites dust! Down with Dispensary dope every body must grow their own! He has started his journey on the grow now… hehe…

I will be putting some seeds of the Flower in an OG auction coming soon, it was Roazted Garlic - GMO Rootbeer x cube… but I digress… super dope lights that have great growin power!

4 Likes

I bet I could fry an egg on an older ballast.

But LEDs rule.

2 Likes

I loved HPS, MH, I only built 2 CMH’s, when LED tickled my interest…I would never consider going back to needing 2-3 times the current for the same grow I get now, or better with LED…not just any old LED mind you. A high quality built LED is a growers bestist friend.

4 Likes

The pricing on that New England Hydro (USD $99) is hilarious…
They are selling the replacement bulb for that unit for $99 as well…

They want those units …gone!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

The future is now

1 Like

These Gavitas gotta go too, $259 makes me wish I had my tax return already!

4 Likes

Why is that so cheap? I’d grab a few but I would want some of their higher watt lights

2 Likes

Gravitas significantly below a buck a watt!.. :+1:

Wow, Colour me impressed…

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Do they have a 2x4? I can’t tell.

Meh I found it not too exciting. This 2x4 is becoming a challenge.

3 Likes

If you don’t mind the price tag chilled has one that would fit the 2x4 perfect. I have their x6 600w(diy) been great so far!
Edit: it’s heavy as shit.

3 Likes