2022: What kind of lights are you flowering under?

What kind of lights do you flower under?
  • High pressure sodium
  • Metal halide
  • Ceramic metal halide
  • LED

0 voters

I recently picked up a few 400w magnetic HPS ballasts and was wondering if I am the only one who still has interest in the old dinosaurs or if LED is quickly phasing them out. Feel free to vote and discuss.

21 Likes

Still running my 4-5 year old LED strips. :+1:

11 Likes

I have a dozen 1000w HPS ballasts but moved to LEDs because lectricity is spensive in California. The new LED’s had already paid for themselves after two harvests, considering my drop in electrical usage.

10 Likes

Which diode are they ?

Samsung LM561C diodes. They are SolStrips by @Baudelaire. :+1:I’ve debated upgrading, but if it ain’t broke…

14 Likes

My LEDs are hitting 3 years old now and they have paid for themselves.

I include depreciation in my math but we are way past that.

I’m in the market for new ones not because I need them but I just want them :joy:

9 Likes

You don’t even run them at full so I reckon you’ve got a good few years life remaining. I’m running the same strips although I run mine at max during flower. They are still as bright today as the first day I plugged them in. I’ll buy new if they ever fail but that looks a long way off. :v:

3 Likes

led now since i won it . but prob would have never have bought it i’m a broke fakk and my 400 watt cmh and hps bulbs worked fine yeah i save about 7 or 8 bucks a month now but i’m going to have to use a heater as the led isn’t going to produce enough heat for me in fall

2 Likes

Been using the same 2 v450 reflector series leds from vipar spectra for quite a while now. Believe i got them in early 2017. I love them but definitely could use something newer whenever I manage to get the the extra funds to do so

1 Like

Current Outdoor but I’m chompin at the bit to set up my HLG Blackbird with HLG UVA 30 supplement :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Spider farmer SF4000 in a 4x4*

5 Likes

These are so cool, I’m running an HLG 300Rspec, and it’s amazing!
I’d also like to try the Fohse Aries, but I’m not rich.

7 Likes

Lumatek attis 200 watt user dimmed at 80 watts

I’ve been running 4 HLG RSpec’s for a few years now and while they’re great! I’ve really been eyeing the GrowLightScience ProGrow 640 even though I don’t need it :joy:

6 Likes

315 Philips CMH’s + 240QB’s w/301B Samsungs… an illuminating combo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@BagmanCrappy i got the same light, on year 2 with it in a 2x3 it’s a great light, not that I have anything to compare it to though. These new LED lights they’re coming out with look feisty as heck!!
There’s definitely something about HIDs that brings wonderful nostalgic feelings. Always loved them big bulbs. Many to this day will argue that LEDs are no match to HID. Maybe that debate will arise here!

2 Likes

Killer light have 4 of them

1 Like

I tried an led many years back and didn’t like it, are the newer generation switchable from vegging spectrum to flowering spectrum? Looking at these poll numbers…. it might be time for an upgrade, geez…. And I have a 6x6 area, what would I need to accommodate that? TIA :pray:

3 Likes

They’re full spectrum all the time now, no need for switching considering the great yields I see people getting.

4 Likes

Buy full/dual spectrum and it covers both veg and flower so basically the full grow. They mix 3500k and 6500k in a single fixture.

1 Like