Who's running northern lights?

u need to maintain a legal residence for 24 months, before you apply for yur liscenes.
once u have a commerical liscenses and permits, then u can sell to a dispensary.
make sure you have 750k - 1.2millon of liquid capital to invest. hire a couple of lawyers. if u want to setup a legal commercial grow facility.

if you just want to grow weed for yourself, then get your Med card. you have to show 2months of residency. then if can show that you have a need, you can get a medical extension and be allowed up to 99 plantsā€¦ with that, u can get clever and do some outdoors, keep moms insideā€¦ run some lightdep whateverā€¦ 99 dont sound like a lot but u can get a shit-ton of bud in a greenhouse or full sun with that amount of plants.

10 Likes

Thats awesome gman, i grew up in asheville and i assume you were probably growing northwest of there. Probably burnsville or hotspringsā€¦ i knew some oldtimers out there who grew some fireā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, I knew the license was no joke around here and was so stoned I was thinking his license was a home med card and he was allowed to sell to the shops, lol. Iā€™m thinking to myselfā€¦" damn, O.K. lets homegrowers sell to the shops?" I was musta stoned be. :sunglasses:

I always wondered about the medical registration, @deep_rob. Iā€™ve always been intrigued by the upper plant count, but are you also then subjected to spot inspections at any time? Iā€™ve never heard anything like that but I wonder about letting it be known like that. I would like to be legal to do plant selection which takes a lot of pots.

I always wanted to ask about that, but never knew how to.

Thatā€™s cool bro. I was in Barnardsville. Right under the Blue ridge Parkway in a tucked away burg. The locals had been growing for years there before I came. I was naive as to how sophisticated the law was on search and destroy surveillance. My next door neighbor told me a black helicopter landed in his back yard/property, a bunch of guys in black w/guns all jumped out, and ran to the creek, and came back and flew away. Not a word to him. He wasnā€™t growing but it freaked him out.

I was there from 95 to 99 I thinkā€¦ My neighbors were big tobacco growers. I grew my stuff all around my garden and outside my property line. It was all country. I was going back to school at UNCA. I used to live in town and worked waiting tables at the Windmill Restaurant. It was a fine dining of sorts. A fellow worker always had great smoke and thatā€™s where I got my seeds to grow. Pot grows like a weed there, lol.

4 Likes

Yeah my family use tk have a home iver by the fuddruckers on charlotte street.i grew up there and i loved it in the old days sold herb as a kid at vincents ear on lexingtonā€¦ Asheville now is all yups and hipstersā€¦
I left nothing there, and dont plan to spend any time theee in the futureā€¦ always easy to grow in that soilā€¦ and always good smokeā€¦

2 Likes

You need to have a state compliant ā€˜seed-to-saleā€™ (pain in the ass)tracking program with labels on every plant from the time it gets roots(technically becomes an independent plant), and yes, they can come for a spot check/inspection any time, unannounced, during regular working hours.
However, here in Oklahoma, itā€™s still considered the ā€˜wild west of weedā€™ as the operating & start-up prices are so much lower than other states.

6 Likes

I would be most interested in those if thereā€™s some youā€™ll let go.

5 Likes

At first all you needed to do was show proof of residency, no limit on how long youā€™d been here. They changed it after so many folks came here, got settled and applied for a license. lol I know, because Iā€™m one of em :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ooops Iā€™m not paying attention deep_rob lol thought ya were talking about OK

99 donā€™t sound like a lot :exploding_head: we get 18 but only 6 can be flowering 99 outdoor plants sounds like 200lbs that may cover my 1/4 pound a month prescription :rofl::joy::rofl::joy: God I envoy the west

4 Likes

My cousin when he lived in California had a much larger grow they came and took his plants but that was it no second visit no court no property forfeitureā€¦bout 10 years ago

1 Like

In OK med card holders can have 12 plants for each person, 6 in veg and 6 in bud. The wife and me both have our cards, not that it matters lol as also have a grower license - no limit on number of plants there. In OK you can have * 3 ounces (85 grams) of usable cannabis; (in transit)

• up to 1 ounce (28.35 grams) of cannabis concentrates;
  • and 72 ounces (2.04 kilograms) of edible products in public, and 8 ounces (227 grams), at home.
    Thatā€™s for each card holder
3 Likes

Yep, everybody here is allowed 6 I think and 12 for med. The more I thought about it the less I wanted to add my name and address to a list. All they would have to do is monitor your electricity to get a good idea with never having to come by.

The med pot they sell here is the same as the other but you get a discount on it. They actually have it in two separate spots behind the counter.

Those are pretty generous possession limits you have in OK.

3 Likes

Well hell, lol I just had to grab a couple more ā€˜future motherā€™ clones of some strains to round out a bit more my library of strainsā€¦ got hold of a few White Lotus and zombie Haze, only a couple more strains to go (for the moment lol) still hunting for Black Gorilla, Headband and a couple more. Guess I just wasnā€™t busy enough to suit my taste!
Did a trade for some Frankenstein clones

3 Likes

A5Haze (NL#5 pheno) pollinated by my NL#5 male

15 Likes

Johnny, first of all, thank you for your service. Secondly, are you the Johnny that was on OG back in the day? Thirdly, welcome to Oklahoma man! Lastly, gorgeous plants man! I donā€™t think we live that far apart at all. I started with some guerilla growing in the early 2000ā€™s and remember that name from OG back then, though I canā€™t for the life of me remember what mine was!! :joy:

4 Likes

Please send some of that work out to be passed around. I would love to have that in the vault. So if you get around to share some keep a young grasshopper in mind :wink:. @anon5325009 they look awesome!!!

6 Likes

Would you be willing to share some of that pollen. I have a NL and a couple others that could use a dusting of pollen like that. I am in Canada so if not i understand!

Iā€™d be willing to swap clones evenā€¦not sure how you feel about that.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to get some of Joey weed NL from Canada with no luck, its an nl line Iā€™ve been wanting for years now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replyā€¦the research Ive done on my NL is its from Sensi they that makes it NL#1. I have no idea it grows nice and itā€™d like to save it. Flowers fast and rock hard nugsā€¦next to NO odor. Like a joints stinks the place up more. Little samples of the bud so i cant really tell potency and a good cureā€¦its around 3 months old. The skunk i got it pretty stellar as well. I think they are inbred they grow kinda slow like that. Its a keeper both of themā€¦some folks say NL is a good building blockā€¦I scored some F3 (at least) of some Purple killer Malwaia Iā€™d like to cross with the NL.

Thats the skunk on a reveg

Thatā€™s if i get a male this time. Id be willing to swap clones with you or pollen then seeds back and forth. Id like to work with you and your NL also. I appericate the responseā€¦I understand the love/respect for your plant.

These are the baby Purple Killer Malwiaā€¦they look good.
Id like to see a purple NLā€¦ purple Haze x NL (dream) Im kinda high right nowā€¦

This is my NLā€¦reveg also should be flowers soon. The switch works real good 3 or 4 days and the stregts is coming on. Faster than the Skunk. There is a pic of it in flowerā€¦somewhere

8 Likes