Who's running northern lights?

If your going to do tissue culture you might as well do mycology also or use myco tech for tissue culture. I did a run for awhile but the clean room environment and plants didnt mix well, it takes a special kinda personality to maintain the sterilization required, at least for me…

3 Likes

I got some ISS x MTF/NL i bet there’s some fire in that pack

Hells yeah! i have nl and mtf seperate and my nl pollinated (had a light leak) the atf so im curious about the mix since i have iss also!

2 Likes

I’m not normally one to say grow out the hermies but NL from a light leak wouldn’t worry me to much NL/MTF used to be a common cross in the Marc Emery days

1 Like

Im gonna run em and see what happens but the nl is beautiful purple and maroon colors great terp profile and the mtf is a little too creeper sativa high for me so hoping it balances it out a bit. The iss i been running for over 10 years and colder temps really bring out the colors but summer here its staying pretty green, cant wait for winter lol only 84 days to fall :grin:

1 Like

NL #1 from Sensi…not looking promising but still time

11 Likes

Hi there.
Nirvana NL f2 from open pollination using 3 males and 2 females.

One of the involved mothers .

15 Likes

Nirvana’s stock has a crazy sativa growing nl…gotta hunt for it but it’s in there.

5 Likes

I dabble with mycology and find it very rewarding for many reasons. :grinning: But other than sterile technique, mycology and tissue culture have very different requirements. Think about it, green leafy plants have very different nutritional requirements than fungi. All you need in terms of nutritional media to grow shrooms is light malt extract and agar.

With tissue culture you have a base nutrient/vitamin mix, (Musrishige & Skoog’s 1962 formula is the most common, but there are others). The base is added to distilled water, sugar, and agar, then, depending on the growth stage, that’s augmented with Plant Growth Regulators, (PGRs). Cytokinins are used for callus/shoot development, while auxins are added to initiate rooting.

Having done both, I can tell you it’s far easier to grow mushrooms. I’ve grown tubs of shroomies, but I’ve never been able to generate a rooted plantlet with TC, not one.

12 Likes

Yeah im kinda bummed i missed out on those nl2 x 88g13hp, those nigerian x afghani are a repro of reefermans nigerian nightmare

2 Likes

Black pack seeds actually crossed some of that nigerian nightmare to the old sssc nigerian kandhar but i havent seen the beans for sale

1 Like

Recent sensi seeds stock?

2 Likes

yup and i scored some blueberry bud…reminds me of NL without the smell…very similar except the high…to much NL and its lights out!! Blueberry makes my head sweat i got 7 blue lights cross going right now…there will be a cross with the NL i got.
Blue lights is about 3 weeks in…cross with Malwia

2 Likes

Is this bodhis bcsc nl5 repro or the 89 noof x bcsc nl5

2 Likes

I’ve got a NL2 HP x Grandpa’s Breath by Dino Party going in veg right now. I’m pretty excited to see how it does.

14 Likes

NL2 is one you don’t see often, looking beautiful

5 Likes

I just started germination on three seedsman northern light autos,… will update once budding.

3 Likes

Oooh look forward to pics, I’ve got a couple nl autos from seedsman as well.

1 Like

Right on. Cant wait to have a taste of the nl once its done! Ha I’m getting ahead of myself.

2 Likes

Love the NL

Ran some 89NL5 noof x BCSC NL5 by Bodhi that I loved and still have outcrosses of.

Have some NL2 x 88G13/HP I really need to get going by Bodhi. Also some NL1 x 88g13/HP by Coastal. I think I’ll run the Bodhi one first as the NL2 is more up my alley.

Good lord. Did I mention I love some old school NL

12 Likes