Working out spectrum when using various cct lights

Just wondering if there is a way to work out the spectrum of a light using multiple different cct LEDs.

Seems to be a pretty grey area. (As far as overgrow goes. And that’s become my one stop shop for most information now) I was wondering if there was a formula to work it out? Does the amount of power pushed through the led contribute to the overall cct? The amount of led’s used (cob or strips)?

Cheers

Cola

Salutations Colanoscopy,

Lets suppose the spectrum were segmented into a couple dozen LEDs with overlaping bands each corresponding to specific peaks 15 ~ 20 nm wide, you’d still need to figure out which bands are actually part of a multi-stage vegetal process, as in some 2-stage ionic pump model evoked below:

If i’m interpreting this correctly then that means providing 680 nm alone or 700 nm alone ain’t good enough: they need to be paired together for optimal performance. So how many permutations out of 24 bands are there to try before ever falling on this 680 + 700 duo? IMO it might be necessary to start with a series of full spectrums each having only 1 single band removed to begin with, testing dark bands one after the other, trying to determine which lesser contributions can be safely rejected. Then i’d expect having to remove 2 simultaneously, being careful not to defeat beneficial processes, etc. Too bad my reflexion is purely fictive, but maybe that’s sufficient to inspire a hint what’s to search for next.

Best of lucks!

Good day, have fun!! :peace:

1 Like