Diy led growligh hotspots causes and solutions

hi i wonder if you can help
im looking to find out what causes /why lights with equally spaced leds have hot spots in the center and progressively lower par as you go towards the edges

there are some new lights using clustering at the edges and a logarithmic layout were the leds are closer together at the edges and get slowly spaced out to the centre of the light .
i would like to know if there are any documentation available some were that light help me to work out the correct spacing of each led to achieve this ? thus getting a even par over the whole light

1 Like

I doubt there is a formula that would work for all beam angles and light heights. I find with these kinds of projects adjustable will always be better than getting it perfect especially in this case where spacing may need to be adjusted at different heights.

What type of LEDs are you planning to use?

im looking to make something like a Evolve EV700 https://www.progrowtech.com/evolve-series/

they use nichia leds they are also more efficient than simular samsung leds
so planning to use nichia prob NF2W757G-V2F1 im trying to crack how progrowtech work out their spacing and how it effects the par