Would anyone listen to an OG based podcast-TheOGBudCast

Provided @HolyAngel cats don’t eat him before Sunday. We have our first guest. I can’t wait to have a proper chat. A small conversation before the proper conversation and we are exchanging beans. Turns out we have one similar injury and he has a few more. And the man himself is balls deep in a breeding project to help those in a similar situation. That’s OG af.

We will need a link for a live Q&A from the discord. Sunday 4pm GMT. So go and do your research. Get your questions prepped.

@Slick1 absolutely would like to hear from you. Give me some background. And we will go from theren😎

8 Likes

MasterCommanderRed0161,

I can offer some audio engineering skills to the table, and some intro, outro and transition beats if you would like some music for your vision.

Curious to see this project come to fruition and I think it could be a great way to grow our community ideals!

-PatioMat

4 Likes

reaper 1000%

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

The MCR is for manchester but I like the play on words :joy:

I did post a little further up that the intro/outro music was sorted. But transition music is something that could still be used :100:

The project is almost coming to fruition. I’m gonna say this week should see all the logistics come together. And next week we should have our first upload :sunglasses: welcome on board. Cool name too :joy:

Some of your other audio engineering skills may come in very useful too. At the moment I’m going to be using streaming quality equipment not studio quality. But I’ll do the best with what I’ve got.

At least I’ve sorted paying for the stuff I’ve got already. So don’t have to deal with interest on top. Just to look for a mixer and a decent condenser mic when I see some money next.

5 Likes

thanx a lot, damn near ruined my screen with that coffee i spit all over it laughing at that one. hope i can return the favor for ya…the laugh, not the screen. tschüss!

this is how i did it. had one friend who showed me in person, had an idea on how to build a box and wasn’t a carpenter (i was), had to build or repurpose everything, had seeds shipped to a drop address from overseas and hoped they made it, yeah much better now. man, just noticed that i was reading the podcast thread. now the comment makes much more sense. leaving it in anyway.

like that was a punishment! reminds me of my week off school strategy: skip school on monday, go tuesday and ditch class all day and smoke weed, get suspended for 3 days for skipping monday. i was suspended 189 days in two years. never expelled though. we were the generation that ditched the paddle in 8th grade and they hadn’t figured out how to control us. fun times.

4 Likes

@Foreigner NOW I HAVE THE SIR DIGBY CHICKEN CAESAR’S THEME STUCK IN MY HEAD!!!

1 Like

Well first I get pretty excited to grow something and pot some seedlings. This enthusiasm holds up as little babies pop through the soil and obviously they don’t need much at this point. Once they hit actual plant mode my enthusiasm is directly correlated to the energy requirements of keeping the plant alive. At some point I walk in the room every 2 days or so to open the tent and say “of course you need more water you needy bitch”. Now here’s what separates me from the next neglector- I hardly ever spring into action right there on the spot. The plant(s) that need water may be discovered at 10 am and if they’re lucky I’ll water them before the light goes out at 10 pm. A non zero percentage of the time the result is me at 10:30 pm going “oh fuck!”.

Now it’s time to further my commitment to this approach - I go to work the next day and sometime in the evening will say “oh yeah… ugh fine” and water what may at this point be a slumped over plant. It’s a real commitment being this level of neglectful. We could talk about how this approach has given me a better understanding of the durability of these plants or how a wet dry cycle seems beneficial to a degree, but really at the end of the day it’s laziness. Although I started using Jacks321 on this grow so at least I’m feeding now, which is more than I can say for past grows!

5 Likes

Then my work is done here!

2 Likes

Didn’t think I’d be the first one to be on here but whatever, will clear the way for everyone to be on :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would love to hear @ReikoX talk about soil and organics and his breeding work.
Listen to @lefthandseeds talk about salts, hydro, and his breeding work, both cannabis and otherwise.
Could get @Mr.Sparkle on here to talk about autos and STS breeding, small space growing.
Lighting with @nube and all the coops and work he’s done.
Outdoors with @Meesh and all things plant related.
How to grow beastly plants with @gramps, I’m sure there’s some awesome stories in there too.
Get @DougDawson to tell us about how to get the most out of your males :wink: and all the BOG work and just everything he does for the community.
Maybe one of the mods to talk about Overgrow 2.0 itself…

I got more ideas but i gotta get ready for work so hope no one feels left out.

12 Likes

This is serious commitment and deserves respect, no one really knows how difficult this approach to growing is…laziness is no strategy for the weak - I say it’s about time @ReikoX hosts the annual “OG LITFA” (LITFAOG?) awards.

3 Likes

I mastered the art of neglect this outdoors run. I mean they get fed every 5-7 days now but to start with I just slapped them straight in dirt. Is a good method. Maybe autopots would be your friend. That was a riveting story though. I love all the tiny nuances like you going to work and still forgetting. I predict a future screenplay let alone interview from that brother :joy: jokes. I did actually enjoy reading that.

I’m literally trawling through your works at the moment to come up with decent background to ask the right questions. Quite a lot will be on your breeding work.

I already mentioned 2 of those names myself for wanting to pick their brains on set subjects. DougDawson (I don’t wanna wait, for my life to be over) before you come on the show. Dya see what I did there :joy: that amused me far more than it should have done.

And have seen some bits of work from others mentioned there but not enough to really know what they got going on.
Be going down those rabbit holes once we’ve gone in your hole. @foreigner do what you want with that last sentence :joy::joy::joy:

Absolutely. I tried the mid 20s single mother approach in the loft. (Abandoned my babies to a 35 year old but still pubescent man child whilst I went on holiday. Got drunk and laid and came back to them dead. He probably just don’t wanna Pay that child support)

The irony in this is I took his children away on said holiday and managed just fine looking after them. Maybe I should have dosed their reservoirs with 4500ppm of fuck knows what :joy:

6 Likes

My husbands strategy is neglect. I’m too weak :joy:

I do prescribe to the strategy of yelling and belittling plants, and barnyard animals. Sometimes stuffs being a bitch and it needs said.

5 Likes

Hey man what you do with your rabbits is your own business.

5 Likes

Oh I’m using a mini octopot :laughing: The autopot like with a big reservoir? If I put off ph’ing a single gallon of water the plants would be long dead before I finally got around to doing a whole big reservoir. Me growing outdoor would be the epitome of lazy. They want water they better hope for rain!

3 Likes

Agreed, a good scolding is a very underrated strategy.

3 Likes

A big reservoir stays stable longer than a small one. I figured that by being lazy also :sunglasses: think we may be cracking this method between us :100:

These are my garden plants. Ive got a thread on here called down by the riverside. But I should change the name to schroedingers pot. Cos I planted a load by the river and my backs been too fuxked to visit again since. Are they dead. Are they alive. Should I request someone go and prod them with a stick to check :joy: it’s all a mystery

9 Likes

Bad @slick1 bad! You’ll never amount to anything and your teeth are kind of crooked.

A taste of your own medicine.

2 Likes

…and the rabbits’ too I would imagine, after all they are the butt of the joke, as it were.

2 Likes

Rex V @MCR0161 re: PETA

3 Likes