Your EC or TDS Meter

i was using strips and a cheap tds meter. i was just gifted a tri meter so will be using that now with strips here n there to make sure its correct.

1 Like

Thanks for all the input y’all. As a reminder, I’m hunting for a EC and/or TDS meter. I have ph covered :v:t2:. Kinda leaning toward an Apera at this moment.

1 Like

I have a dr meter ph pen that’s pretty decent. Holds calibration well and was $40 i rarely use it now since I’m in soil but if I have problems I know I can rely on it to test my water if I’m having plant problems .(though really since it’s just water I could use the drops the meters nice for murky nutrient mixes though) tds/ec I have a few they all work well enough.

1 Like

That’s a respected brand.

1 Like

Buy the growers kit, it’s cheaper for both ph and ppm pen

(Yes it’s out of calibration, it came out of cal during testing. [Happens on 30 day timer])

Your supposed to calibrate it every 30 days lolol.

I havnt had a issue with mine after 2 years of use.

If you don’t see a checkmark on your screen it means it needs to be calibrated. Every 30 days the check mark will go away, giving you a heads up to calibrate it. Calibration takes 15 secs for ph 7 solution, and 15 secs for ph 4 solution.

2 Likes

Syn… iv got all the fluids and keep it calibrated and in KCI solution. Just dont have any luck with blulab for longevity.

2 Likes

@GCBudz what’s the oldest BlueLabs you’ve owned? If @Syn has used his for 2 years, it’s possible the manufacturing quality has diminished since. That is, if you haven’t owned one longer than 2 years ago.

2 Likes

This $20 on Facebook sales gave me different calibration fluids and a little measuring glass works fine before that $10 eBay special

2 Likes

I’ve used bluelab for a year now and it’s never gave me any problems

2 Likes

I always keep 2 of each meters around. This way if you feel like your meter is off you can use the 2nd one as a comparison.
Both pH and e.c/ppm meters are a must have (more so if your DWC)

2 Likes

I do that as well.
My cheap yellow and blue amazon ones read the same as my bluelab

2 Likes