Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold, Wolfman, Holy Congo, Panamalawi x Angola and Mo

Alright OGs, after finishing my last round of Doc D stuff and the Mextiza x Malawi https://overgrow.com/t/a5haze-thai-fun-from-doc-d-zang-sour-diesel-x-a5-haze-thai-bandaid-haze-ix-3-0/72129 I popped this round into water.

The seeds I popped were:

• Nigerian Rafiki (Nigerian Haze x A5 Haze/Thai) from Doc D Seeds
  • Wolfman (TNF '95 Silver Haze x Vietnam Black/Nevil’s Haze) from Hyp3rids
  • Sativa Mexicana p12 (1984 Oaxacan) from Jones_4_1_6
  • Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold from Snowhigh
  • Bandaid Haze x AfPak from Doc D Seeds
  • Holy Congo (Big Sur Holy Weed x Black Congolese) from DeadPanHead
  • Sour Diesel bx2 from Karma
  • Panama/Malawi x Angola Red OG from Colorado Sativas
  • Mextiza/Malawi Bastard (father is either Sour Diesel x A5T or Vietnam Black x A5T)

By January 26th, we had action:

and by 1/31 things were more or less set. The Holy Congo and Sour Diesel were planted about a week behind the others.

I chose the Nigerian Rafiki because I want to keep exploring Doc D’s work, and I’ve never grown anything with Nigerian in it. I’ve had Snowhigh’s Acapulco Gold in other crosses and it’s killer, so I was stoked at the idea of adding some zip to the Oaxacan. The Wolfman from Hyp3rids is unreal sounding with the '95 Silver Haze being hit by their remake of Lieu Hanh (Vietnamese Black x Nevil’s Haze) and I want a brain bender. The Holy Congo (Big Sur Holy Weed x Black Congolese) from DeadPanHead will be my first time running BSHW but in the event it ends up more like a hybrid, hopefully the Black Congolese male from Snowhigh will kick it up. Panama/Malawi x Angola Red OG is a mix of two of my favorite breeders, Ace and Snowhigh that Colorado Sativas made last year and should be potent stuff. The Mextiza x Malawi that I ran last grow yielded 6 oz in a 5 gallon pot with only 5 weeks of veg, so I was stoked when I found a single seed and I’m running it along with the others. The only potential fathers could be the bananas I found on the Sour Diesel x A5T or Vietnam Black x A5T early in flower.
:call_me_hand:

49 Likes

Nice selections! I’ve read great things about Mextiza. It’s too bad cannabiogen hasn’t released it for a long time.

10 Likes

Whoa. Watching.
That list is wild.
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

5 Likes

I’m sitting in for this one awesome lineup stuff I will most likely never get to grow so I’ll do the next best thing and watch you grow it :laughing:
:peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Thanks man! I ran Mextiza but it was a decade ago and haven’t found it since. I was on strainly and found a guy who had a Mextiza mom crossed to an Afropips Malawi dad. The plant was beautiful, bulletproof and yielded 6oz with only 5 weeks veg from seed. Smokes like Mextiza with an extra hypnotic quality, perfect all day herb. He’s also got it crossed to Blueberry and sent me some. He’s a great dude and goes by Cosmic Contentment on Strainly.io :call_me_hand:

12 Likes

Mextiza x Malawi:

43 Likes

All of the seeds came up well and the Nigerian Rafiki, Wolfman, Mexlawi Bastard and one of the Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold were strong from the start.

Within a few days, one of the Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold and the Mexlawi Bastard were looking different from the others:

I had gotten sex tests to try from Farmer Freeman, because I had been down to a single 4x4, and punked myself last run, ending up with only 5 girls. I’ve added an 8x4 since then so it doesn’t really matter now that I’m going perpetual, but it was cool and I found out both Nigerian Rafiki, Bandaid Haze x AfPak were dudes, along with an 84 Oaxacan and one Holy Congo. I’m pollinating with Dalat pollen this run so it’s a sorority this run.

One of the Zipolite Oaxacan x Acapulco Gold has grown unbelievably. It’s looked like a clone from seed and has been praying this whole time, growing faster than any of the others. Check out this side by side with her sister, which both sprouted at the same time:

24 Likes

Everything you’re doing is RAD but THIS RIGHT HERE is why I’m watching :smiley:

:fist:

13 Likes

Thanks man! John is an amazing guy and I’ve loved his work for many years. I’ve ran a number of his Mexicans as well as hybrids and there’s noone offering anything close to the stuff he does. His Super Massive Black Hole (White Malawi/AGC99 x Vietnam Gold) is one of my all time favorite plants and I have plenty of f2s I can send anyone’s way if interested. This one is so obviously one of my slam dunk dream crosses that I’ve somehow put it off forever, including it in every “next run…” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m so shocked at how vigorous, happy and freakishly fast the AG pheno is growing that I’m cutting clones in a few days. Ideally it grows perfectly and the smoke is unreal, but it’s promising enough so far that it’s the first plant in recent memory that’s special enough to make me want to keep it around. :call_me_hand:

Some shots from the past few days (4-5 weeks from sprout):

32 Likes

Love the line up

I’ll tag along for the show

4 Likes

Very nice. Good stuff

4 Likes

Sounds really cool dude.

3 Likes

So healthy looking. Such a sweet job. Count me in for the ride.

2 Likes

Pulling up a chair…looks great!!!

3 Likes

Crazy list there, I’ll join in for the show, absolutely love DocD’s work.

2 Likes

Definitely pulling up a chair and watching, I need the education. I have DocDs Velvet Buzzsaw. Tried Burmese Pure and Nevilles haze neither would finish in my zone.

3 Likes

Was that Burmese from Coastal? Those looked good and Nevil’s Haze is probably my all time favorite or at least most interesting herb. VB is another one of my faves so the Wolfman is one I’m really stoked on.

Are you able to grow indoors? I’ve been talking about doing it forever but I’m going to put together video tutorials on how I grow my gnarly sativas indoors, as I go contrary to most of the bro science advice you usually hear on how to treat them indoors.

10 Likes

They both came from trades on cannabis world back in the day. I sent what I had left to be passed out as freebies. Keep your eyes open, never know when they’ll show up on FSFC.

1 Like

Oh fuck yeah… loving these selections. Im all over this!

1 Like

That Oxacan x AG is rippin it up. I’m going to plant myself right here for this.

4 Likes