2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

Lol, all pinkleberry related things have been slashed, burned, flushed, you get the idea :yum:.

Now we talking Subcool: strawberry diesel x space dude f2

23 Likes

Oh yeah, now we are talking indeed. That sounds like a nice cross man. I am sure that will be well received.

9 Likes

My growing experience is far short of some of you. But I was VERY pleased with both specimens I grew, one male one female, I only had just the two beans to start with.

So far the f2s I dropped are killing it…but they are babies so we shall see.

12 Likes

That sounds nice!

3 Likes

That wouldn’t be a Co-op but a local giveaway, Co-op’s are for U.S.A, Canada, EU and rest of the world. Breeders should send them directly to Sebring, that’s the way it goes … beer3|nullxnull

8 Likes

I disagree @George . I did the PPP run and sent the Canadian portion to @Shadey and the rest of the worlds to @Sebring . It makes no sense for a Canadian to ship their seeds from a CO-OP across the border to Sebring and than have Sebring ship them back to Canada. That is sending them across the border twice for no reason and drastically increasing the odds of them getting seized. Now I just took over as the Canadian distributor and won’t argue. If Sebring wants Canadians to chance loosing the seeds by sending them to the USA just to have him send them back than fine, I will comply with whatever he wants. I am just going by what I did with my CO-OP seeds and got no objection from either @Shadey or @Sebring . Keep in mind I am only speaking of CO-OP seeds made in Canada and only the portion going to Canadians.

16 Likes

Hey @nube , No promises but should have the blockhead bx Co-op seeds done next week. I mean shucked and sorted. Have no idea about numbers of viable seeds yet.

Also have some night terror og that I f2’d like 3 years ago that I’ll be sending Sebring as well. He can add them to his site or do what he pleases with them.

I made some blockhead bx crosses as well but might just be giving those away separately to people willing to share their grows. Want to get into the seed thing but not in a let’s get rich way haha. Just a , I like this and like this let’s make them bump uglys and make beautiful offspring and pay for my wife’s new brake pads while we are at it. So on the advice of Bodhi and Mean Gene, just give a lot away and be honest about what they should expect.

And I’ve gotten off track…

16 Likes

But Sebring is also sending the rest of the seeds to Canucks in the Boxes, so the risk is the same, as those Canucks breeders should send him the seeds anyway for U.S.A., E.U. and rest of the world, it’s a double effort for breeders and you, if that’s OK for you that’s fine for me … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

I hear what you are saying @George . I did it this way with my CO-OP seeds because while the rest of the worlds PPP seeds crossed the border and went to Sebring the ones for Canadians stayed in Canada so there was no risk of them getting seized. At least for the Canadian portion. That’s the only reason, just trying to mitigate risk as best I can. You are right, it did mean a bit of extra effort as I had to ship 2 packages but at least I knew the Canadian portion was safe while the rest of the worlds was at risk crossing the border. As I say if Sebring want’s Canadians to ship their CO-OP seeds for Canadians to him just so he can ship them back that is fine with me. I will follow whatever rules he lays down. I am just trying to remove a small portion of the risk is all. If he doesn’t like that idea than it will get done however he prefers.

12 Likes

They will have to ship the seeds of the rest of the world to him anyway, if they agree to send them also to you no prob at all, the goal should be finding a safe way to send seeds across that frontier, stuffed trolls maybe? ejem|nullxnull

5 Likes

LOL, stuffed trolls, that would work well :rofl: I realize they will have to ship the rest to him as I did that myself. In my case it just seemed like a good idea to send the Canadian portion to Shadey and save the risk on that portion. There is no risk if they don’t cross the border. As I say, I will go with whatever Sebring wants. He is really the keeper of the flame in this case so I am happy to follow whatever protocol he deems fit. No matter how it’s done at least it’s getting closer so folks have it to look forward to. :v:

6 Likes

Shipping coop seeds sourced from the US to distribute to Canada, ‘one border crossing’.

Shipping the seeds sourced from Canada to distribute to the US, ‘one border crossing’.

Shipping the seeds sourced for Canada to distribute to Canada, ‘two border crossing’.

Whether or not a shipment bound for Canada with US or worldwide seeds get snagged at the border does not change the odds of Canadian seeds to be shipped to Canadians if they are not shipped over the border (zero chance of them being snagged).

If Canadian seeds are shipped over the border to the US it creates one risk of getting snagged for US and worldwide recipients. It also creates two risk probabilities for Canadians receiving Canadian seeds.

Sending US seeds to Canada which would be sent back to the US to be distributed to the US will be equivalent to sending Canadian seeds to the US and back to Canada. Two levels of risk going over the border.

I can see the logic of ‘If US and worldwide seeds get snagged at the border to Canada we want the Canadian seeds snagged also’, or ‘if Canadian seeds to the US and worldwide get snagged at the border, we want the Canadian seeds to Canada snagged also’.

Did I get this right? I start getting confused unless I make a chart.

10 Likes

I think that made sense @bunny . Since there are distributors for each county I would think the seeds destined to be distributed in their originating countries would go straight to that countries distributor and the rest to Sebring. Just seems logical to me.

That said I am not trying to change the system. Sebring and others have done this stuff for quite a while and would have logical reasons for the way this is set up. I will leave it for him to tell me what he wants and just follow what I am told.

5 Likes

Thank you (missed responding earlier), new here and am learning the ways of the wise. I would like to get in on it, will have to find the right place for particulars yet.

3 Likes

Hey @Guitarzan , I know that Canadians send such seeds to @Shadey to include in the spring and fall boxes as he sent me a bunch from users. The only difference is they are added as freebies to the boxes and CO-OP seeds carry a charge per strain. So it is possible for folks to send their personal crosses in to a distributor to have them sent out in the boxes. They just don’t count as CO-OP seeds. That’s my understanding anyway.

13 Likes

OK that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

BTW Doug, next time you do a Vets giveaway, tag me on it, would you? I missed the last one, and I have some seeds I’d like to contribute for the next one. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

13 Likes

No problem, happy to. Your contribution would be greatly appreciated. That giveaway went really well, looking forward to the next one.

6 Likes

If they are to late he just holds them for Spring Box.

That’s what it was before.

That makes since.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Making progress…this sucks…

Feeling like a win! @G-paS you were asking me about the number of seeds. That’s about 1/3rd of one plant :astonished:

I don’t know how many seeds that is…but it’s a fk ton

36 Likes

A light, functional buzz really helps :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

13 Likes