2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

I did the first half hour without music. It’s gotten better since then lol

13 Likes

Blasphemy!! :laughing:
I cannot function in my grow room w/o music, reggae music specifically… :rofl:

Cheers
G

14 Likes

Wow. I counted seeds across (roughly) and up. 35 x 35. Then I hit enter. Yup, a fk ton, 1,225, more or less.

“Party,” “Party.”

7 Likes

Take 50 seeds and weigh them.
Take all seeds and weigh them.
Take total weight of all seeds and divide by 50

Will get you an accurate seed count within 2 or 3

31 Likes

Church! (10 characters)

5 Likes

Good plan!

Half way…

22 Likes

Your gonna end up with 2k +

9 Likes

I feel silly now that I was worried about covering a list of 25 people with these :yum:.

14 Likes

I am just afraid I won’t make enough for folks.

7 Likes

Not to worry. I will be in the happy group. :laughing:

4 Likes

I had the same fears. This experience has made me feel much better!

8 Likes

Had to get a bigger plate.

So who’s the judge? Do these beans meet criteria? I want that over grower badge :wink:. Been holding out til I earn that one.

26 Likes

Maybe 2,500?

4 Likes

Could be…I’m still not done! I have to take breaks or I lose my mind and too many little green fuckers make it through :rofl:

Whatever the total at this point I’m wayyyyyyy passed what I even could have hoped for.

10 Likes

That’s looking to be about 2-3000, now. So, probably around 3,000 by the time you’re finished. Seeds that are not as dark as most can still be viable, too. White ones get chucked to the bin.

The old Co-Op grows we were doing here, was more of a documented thread to let everyone learn about the strain. We usually had a donor(s) for the rare or discontinued seeds, and usually one grower.

That volunteer grower would maintain the journal. We used to shoot for open pollination if the ratios of M:F suited the grow. Plus, that sort of grow, with multiple healthy plants, will always produce enough seeds for 300 people. 150 people os about normal.

Also, once the list fills up, that’s it and then we all watch the grow, and and participate in the thread.

But, our Co-Op runs were mostly for preservation of discontinued, and rare, or hard to get strains that are as good as discontinued. We often had the personal blessing of the breeders, too.

I really liked that format. It’s really informative, and everything is above board for all to see and marvel at. That format also only had mostly intermediate to expert growers which made it all the more informative.

We used to have a list of strains that needed a grower to complete the preservation. I’m sure others will help me it I don’t find it. That way, we normally had 4-6 strains per box and twice a year. I think it gives everyone a chance to be ready for when the grow is finished.

If somebody else wants to do giveaways, yeah, that’s a personal endeavor and done outside of our Co-Op guidelines, and is perfectly fine.

I also feel like the Co-Op preservation and seed grows should somehow be paying tribute to the breeder, him or herself. I think breeders enjoy a structured and documented grow and it’s neat to have the breeder’s personal blessing/permission.

That’s my stoned and rambling 2¢ worth. Although, it may only be worth half of that.

31 Likes

Absolutely.

Takes alot of concentration and very time consuming.

4 Likes

Great explanation of the co-op runs. I’d say you nailed it.

7 Likes

Agree on that was how done. I am hoping that will be what @sebring is expecting from the ones I will be doing for him.

Do you divide by 50 or the weight of the 50 and multiple by 50. Drinking :wine_glass:

:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

I have read through the Co op breeder volunteer thread and a couple other threads that were linked to me a couple months ago.

I did not intend to make seeds with these plants when I dropped them. I just had space for two seedlings and only two of these seeds so it made sense. I won’t lie I had never heard of Subcool when I dropped these. The smell of the male during veg was what got me looking into them and considering making beans when it became apparent that stinky was a male and the other was a girl and that this strain is not readily available.

10 Likes

No problem. As far as I know, nobody is continuing his line of seeds, although there were some of his friends that were gonna try. I haven’t heard any more since.

So, yeah, it’s just figuring out how you want to distribute them. @Sebring should be able to make sense of it.

6 Likes