2023 "Field of Dreams"

Once you post pics of your caulk on the internet. They are there forever. Do you want your grand kids seeing your caulk.

4 Likes

I’m proud of my caulk. And my donkey dicks. That is the smut here, not my caulk. My caulk is as pure as the driven snow.

Spent about an hour today shaking a pound of Dragon’s Hashplant in the shed with the trimbin. Yielded 10 grams of beatiful dry sift. Saved the rest for later extraction. Bought a bottle of Everclear as well. Going to gently boil the jar of kief to decarb it like I did with the kief butter experiment last year. Just want the A grade for now. 10g of 500g is like 2% recovery. There’s probably another 8-15% left in the bag.

@ColeLennon I’ve reviewed your RSO methods and will do the same thing with the seedling mat and bought a pyrex tray with lid today. The plan for now is to deep freeze the alcohol, jars, filter assembly and do a cold extraction in the morning, maybe filter a few times, then lay it out in the shed on the mat to reduce. That about the jist of it?

Gummies here I come…

4 Likes

Really it’s the fusion that concerns me most.

2 Likes

Cool man. Gets better every time. I’m decarbing 53 grams of Blackberry Fire tonight. I can’t keep any of it. My buddies are chewing up 75-25 MG gummies left and right. I use it at least 2-3 days a week myself. BF is a great med high. It just works. Looking forward to your first round.

2 Likes

How much Everclear will it take to do a pound of ground flower? I wanted to try kief first just to see how it goes and get a more accurate start weight for dosing. Feel like it would take half a gallon just to soak it down. I guess you can wash it just recycling the solvent and pouring it over and over through the bud. I dunno. Do you usually do small batches just to make things easier?

My 10 grams of kief I think is similar batch size to your 50g of flower.

I like the DHP effect but it’s not my favorite flower to smoke and I have a crapload. So may as well.

Thanks for guiding the way. Going to try making some vape juice with this batch as well.

Someday I’ll wind up with a press, but until then, one step at a time.

2 Likes

I don’t know I fill up a QT jar its 53 grams give or take. I use 12 ounces. Once you use the 190 that’s it all your oils in it You can do more than one wash. I don’t. You need to read through @ReikoX thread it’s how I fucked my way through it. I’ve only done this oil I’m doing. Making cold evap rso seems fairly easy just don’t over decarboxylate and degrade your THC %. You want to nail it on decarbing if you are doing a cold evap. Your oven and stove trial and error. I do my flower laying flat on baking sheet 240-245 for 43-44 mins. Its one of these things you muck your way though.

I would tell you not to over complicate it, but we know that’s not going to happen. :rofl:

6 Likes

LOL pictures coming soon. IT IS POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO SIMPLE THINGS :rofl:

I did this yesterday:

1. Slow decarb kief (90 minutes boiling water sealed mason jar)
  2. Let jar/kief cool
  3. Add freezer booze (chest freezer super cold)
  4. Shake 5 minutes all kief has dissolved
  5. Jar back to freezer

I’m getting ready to filter it using a chilled pourover coffee maker into a second mason jar.

There’s two reasons for the slow decarb. The first, the other half hates when the house smells like a weed refinery. I decarbed in the oven once and haven’t heard the end of it. The other, I need to get a toaster to do this in the shed, which I just didn’t think about until now. But I should totally get a toaster for this.

4 Likes

The simple filter setup. Irish coffee anyone?

The result 190mL. I’ll wait until the filter papers dry to subtract the dirt weight from the kief weight. There was at least a gram or two of dirt/non-soluble.

On the heat mat for evap.

If I assume I got 75% of my kief dissolved I have 7.5g of cannabinoids at let’s assume 75% THC. 5.6g of THC 190mL.

~30mg/mL. Will reduce to where I like the consistency and see where it lands.

It should be winterized as all components including the liquids and filter holder assembly were chilled to about -20F before starting this procedure.

8 Likes

Nice and clean. Great filter.
Might think about grabbing one of these cheap work great. I put the coffee filter on top of the micron filter. I decarb in the oven at night after everyone else goes to bed. Get a draft going through the kitchen out a window.

3 Likes

What a crazy medley @FieldEffect
Nice move on the tall-one next to the tree. They’re all gorgeous FE

Downloading that PDF…
You’ll have it shortly, email

3 Likes

Looks good. Do you have a temp controller for the heat mat? Sometimes they get to hot, so keep an eye on it!
Btw, I decarb in a sealed mason jar, in the oven.
Crazy, right?

3 Likes

I don’t have a control but keeping an eye on it. About 90F right now, we’re down from 160mL to 90mL.

Took 9mL (1/10) to make some candy. 81 pieces or so, tried to keep them uniform. We’ll suppose 560mg in the batch or about 7mg per piece.

Thanks @ReikoX for the candy and tincture instructions :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Those look really cool man. I put my clip on fan on mine with the 87 seedling mat. Smoking along with the quickness. 3 1/2 hours in.

4 Likes

Right on Field. Stepping right up to the plate with tinctures, oil and candy. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

I’m in no hurry and want to avoid dust so I have paper towels laid over mine. Slick simple setup you got running through. I wouldn’t have done this if it weren’t for you making it look simple

BTW: I’m feeling that test candy :grin:

5 Likes

Nice. Tell me when you hit a bonus piece. :rofl:

3 Likes

12mL left… reasonably easy to handle warm.

Seems unreasonably strong to actually have 10g of refined kief (well, more like 9g after the candies) in it? Maybe I messed up. Not black tar but I suspect the water remains, 12mL is pretty close to 5% water of the Everclear.

2 Likes

The beauty of it. You get to guinea pig yourself on doses. :rofl: Let your wife and kid know daddy might act a little different while he works on his special project.

2 Likes

They’re sated by the plain batch of candy I made as a trial before the “special project” candy I made on the back patio :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Those look awesome. I need to window dose mine 10-15 MG :rofl:

2 Likes