$200 Amazon Gift Card, looking for an LED

So I recently received a 200 dollar Amazon gift card, and am looking at the possibility of upgrading my LED.

I am running a 4x4 tent, and am looking for something adequate but around 200-300 dollars. Has anyone had great success with the cheaper led’s on amazon.

Saw this one and wondered if anyone has experience with this.

11 Likes

Lots of options for 200, I generally just look for actual power draw, and the manufacturer of the LEDs on the board. Aside from that it’s usually down to preference

6 Likes

hey bro

Look, there are some things you have to watch out for when buying an LED, this one on the link for example says it’s 2000w but when you look at the real power it only delivers 240w, so the REAL POWER is the first thing to watch out for, another thing is to see which LEDs they use. It says it’s samsung, but it doesn’t specify the model, it should probably be the LM-281B, they are good led chips, but the LM-301h are better, they deliver higher PAR with lower wattage. But it seems to be a good LED panel, I would just have to check your specs to see if it’s worth the change.

4 Likes

Hey bud, that 2000 watt light is actually 240 watts. I would want more power for a 4x4.

3 Likes

Yeah 240 is kinda low for a 4x4

My 2x4 uses 300

2 Likes

Yea with a stacked full tent you’d prob want double that, can always expand later though too

2 Likes

I think that for a 4x4 tent, a flowering tent at least 480w…that’s what would be ideal…you can take it with less

3 Likes

I’m flowering in a 5x5 with 600w (three Spider Farmer SF2000s, each 200w). I’ve got a 660w light that covers about the same amount of space (over half of my 4x8). I don’t feel the need to go higher. You could grow a fine crop with less, but you’ll want more than the 240 offered by the one you linked.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I love the light. I paid a little bit more for it but it is on sale. I have no problems with it. I have the 4000. I have those lights that I posted down below me. Those are pretty good lights. If you look they have a 1500k that are cheap. If you’re just starting out you can add a light later. It says 4x2 it more of a 3x3. The board isn’t very long. There are some topics around here where there are some homemade lights. Good luck with your grow.

1 Like
3 Likes

Shane from Migro recommends that light and has a 10% off code for it on Amazon: MF2KMIGRO

1 Like

Sweet! Take some time to research for sure. Light being a primary input and all that. Definitely don’t rely on the vendors claims. It’s worth the time to research. It’s an investment.

Dirt_Wizard mentioned MiGro. Also, check out his youtube channel. He has a lot of fixtures that he’s tested and reviewed.

4 Likes

Just bought a sayhon for 68 bucks on amazon. Ive bought a few around that price and this light is amazing. So dang bright and my plant are loving it. 1 of these might be enough for 4 x4. Definitely 2 would really bang

2 Likes

Sayhon sh 1200. Check it out!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone! I have quite a bit of a rabbit hole to dive into, but really appreciate all of the suggestions. I love this place, so full of amazing people.

3 Likes

EnFun Updated FS-2000 Led Grow Light 4x4ft Consumes 240w Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for Indoor Plants Dimmable Veg Bloom Light Hydroponics Greenhouse Commercial Grow Lights https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084LYX17Y/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_GSM6H1HV9G0AB2K4ZEEA

Its a 240w so you would need 2 for a 4x4.

1 Like

Nice choice great price epic bro

1 Like

Whatever you do don’t cheap out on the light that will be the difference between epic growth and the average Green Thumb

1 Like

Hah! I am a cheap ass and pride myself on the overall cost of each tent setup I have heh. All the lights I have were purchased with some big discount coupons etc, so that helps a bit heh. :nerd_face:

So anyone looking to burn larger amounts of money on single lights, I cant help there lol. Cheap options/coupons available right now, I am your guy heh :+1:

5 Likes