$300 Amazon Gift Card Burning a Hole - Looking For Best LED To Use It On

I had to wait for ‘lights on’ to test and make sure… I hear no change in sound when running the SF2000 dimmed. I had to put my ear right up to it since the fans produce enough noise to cover any sound from the light.

I have run it dimmed in the past, but I veg under a Fluence SPYDRx Plus which is very powerful so I’ve just been throwing them into flower with the SF2000s on max. One of these days I’ll swap my lights around and veg with the SF2000s then flower under the SPYDRX Plus.

2 Likes

Excellent feedback - thanks @BarefootAndBlazed! I saw one video review on Amazon where the grower had this version and the older version of this model, and you could clearly hear the humming noise from this version when he dimmed the light. Even so, I can live with it, but I’m glad to know it’s not universal for this model.

I’m 90% leaning towards the SF-2000, unless someone can link a specific light currently ON AMAZON for around $300 that beats this Spider Farmer.

2 Likes

Marshydro FC3000… Nothing but positive results! I would have got the spider light myself, but Marshydro had a discount for me :wink:

The SP3000 would do you good, but slightly more then $300

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions, @CADMAN, but lol…slightly…as in, 50% above my target amount. And the first one you mentioned, the FC3000, is 66% above my target. I’m going to have to pass on this round. I really want to stay close to or within my budget for this one.

3 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy sorry dude. But honestly I was planning to buy a spider light myself, but only went with Marshydro from a stellar review and well the discount helped. But I’m sure the spider light won’t let ya down. I’ll come check out your threads when ya get squared away .

1 Like

Thanks, @CADMAN. My first plans for the light will be to do a seed run, likely with Subcool’s genetics using very old stock. Feel free to raise your hand if you want to get some of those beans when they’re ready.

6 Likes

Thats very cool man, Subcool I hear was a steller fella :wink: I love the old genitcs brother, especially when its legendary…

1 Like

Bro, you just have to know, I’ll be waiting in the Wings for some of Subcool’s gear!!! Much success, do take special care, stay EXTRA safe, enjoy a festive Holiday Season and, as always, be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray:'s

3 Likes

Thank you @misterbee! You know I got you covered, but be sure to sign up or whatever I end up doing to ensure those who want these beans are taken care of (while quantities last, of course). BTW - the options are: Jack The Ripper and The Third Dimension.

:christmas_tree:Happy Holidays :santa: to you and yours, too mister :honeybee:

4 Likes

I have spider farmer and dimgoggo 1000’s side by side testing against CMH, a bit less heat, one grow complete under them in flower, most fo grow two was close to finish but had to run out of state so culled them before i left,

So far so good

3 Likes

CURVEBALL!!

I was ready to pull the trigger on the Spider Farmer SF-2000 today and I noticed that they even have a $15 coupon available right now! That brings the price down to about $285! HOWEVER…before I pulled the trigger, I decided to do a little more research.

So while I’ve been watching football, I’ve been looking at a variety of LED grow lights that fit my objectives of:

1. Being sold on Amazon
  2. Around $300
  3. Quality components

During my research, which included watching YouTube reviews and cocoforcannabis reviews, I discovered this one:

1. Sold on Amazon: :heavy_check_mark:
  2. Around $300: :heavy_check_mark:
  3. Quality components: :heavy_check_mark:

Does anyone currently use ViparSpectra LED lights? If so, by chance are you using this one?

I was also looking at the Mars Hydro TSL 2000W. It’s a long rectangular shaped light that seems to be ideal for the grow space I want to use it in, which is 5’x2’. The light is 39"x10". However, it only meets my first 2 objectives. The fact that it’s not made with Samsung diodes or the Meanwell driver is a concern for long term reliability. Here’s the Mars Hydro I’m describing:

Ugh…decision are HARD!

3 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy Go here https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-guide/mars-hydro-fc-3000-par-test-review/

Maybe he has both these lights reviewed… This guy does an impressive job in reviews.

https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/grow-light-guide/mars-hydro-tsl-2000-par-test-review/

2 Likes

I know the meanwell drivers are high quality and efficiency, and Samsung LM301Bs are pretty much the top of the line chip LEDs. Other than that, as long as everything is hooked up correctly and heatsinked, there’s not much else to a grow light.

3 Likes

lol…like I always say, great minds…are sometimes like 2 ships passing in the night!

Yes, thank you @CADMAN! They actually have reviewed just about every light I’ve looked at. I like that Mars Hydro TSL 2000, but it runs pretty hot compared to others, and the components of that particular light are not “top shelf”. They had good things to say about the SF-2000, but unfortunately, no review of the ViparSpectra model I’m looking at.

3 Likes

If you want top shelf and the Mars brand then you could throw another $100 at it and get one of these:

They are a great grow light. Has additional UV diodes as well and a Meanwell driver.

2 Likes

Thanks, @BudSy. I do want quality components, for sure. I also want to stay within my $300 target. I’m not at all motivated by brand name, so long as it’s a brand, and ideally - a model, that’s been around long enough to have hundreds or thousands of reviews to check out.

4 Likes

For sure. You have plenty of choice out there. As long as you stick with those guidelines you will be fine.

2 Likes

I am wishing wishing I went with one of these suggestions! Aside from the review about the pans getting very hot. they seem great! Mars and spyder.

I have two 1200 led and a 2000 “full spectrum” led comin g. I wish I did my research first, but time was of the essense lol!

I am sure everything’s will be fine, but after 25 Days my plants aren’t over 10” lol! I can’t help but wonder what a few fluorescents bulbs would have done!!

I will learn the expensive way!

1 Like

Ok…I admit it. I’m a dirty, stinking liar!!

As previously mentioned, I was very close to pulling the trigger on the Spider Farmer SF-2000 today. It met my objectives and a new coupon code made it $15 cheaper. Sweet!

However…

Once I discovered the ViparSpectra XS2000, I came close to buying THAT one because it met all my objectives AND I found a coupon code from a YouTuber who reviewed it, which took 15% off! Sweeter!

And then I took a peek at the ViparSpectra XS4000 that Amazon was recommending on the page I was on. So that sent me down another rabbit hole to see just how good that light was. And while in that rabbit hole, I found ANOTHER coupon code that also took 15% off (thanks to that same YouTuber!), AND - Amazon had a $30 coupon on that light.

Bottom line - I BOUGHT THE ViparSpectra XS4000! It met almost all of my objectives - except price. Before the coupon codes, the price was $550. But after factoring in the $30 coupon from Amazon on this item, the $3 coupon from Amazon for doing a survey, the 15% discount coupon code from the YouTuber and the $300 Amazon gift card (thanks to Dish Network) I ended up paying $134.49 (before tax). SWEETEST!!

Yes, I’m a liar because I said I didn’t want to go over my $300 target. But I got LITERALLY twice the light for less than 50% more money, so it was worth trashing my integrity - don’t you think?

MY NEW LIGHT:

9 Likes

Good choice! I always like having a bit of overhead on my lights to crank them up if I need to. You’ll have plenty of power with that sucker, so it’ll be nice to already have it if you want to put it into a bigger tent some day.

2 Likes