$300 Amazon Gift Card Burning a Hole - Looking For Best LED To Use It On

Agreed :100: @lefthandseeds! Thatā€™s really why I went with that one - for future use. My initial plans of breeding in the closet will require me to dial it down to about 50%, but the bigger footprint of the light will give me excellent coverage. Then, when I want to put it into my main room, which is about 10ā€™x12ā€™, I can crank it all the way up (and still use half the power of my HPS lights!).

3 Likes

@Purple-N-Hairy Great choice & excellent price.

1 Like

Hey @CADMAN :point_down:
Thanks Man

2 Likes

Yeah you will not be disappointed. I do not have that design but I have a slightly older ViparSpectra and it has been great. Never heard anyone complain about them and that model has good chips and driver to boot. Good buy.

2 Likes

Thanks, @BudSy! Iā€™m happy to get good feedback on the ViparSpectra brand from a fellow OGā€™er. Yeah, it seems like everything aligned to get me totally hooked up with a great price.

Itā€™s scheduled to arrive on 12/31 (New Yearā€™s Eve), which pretty much guarantees that 2021 will be off to a great start!

2 Likes

Well.
I went and bought ,thiss light too after reading you read post!
Not as nice as yours! But I feel it should Do very well in my tent.

Thanks for the thread and opening up the discussion!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08FCFFKS2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Very nice, @Calix! I see yours has Samsung diodes, which is a very good thing! And that price is great! $260 CDN AND thereā€™s a $30 CDN coupon being offered by Amazon right now, which brings it down to $230 CDN, or about $179 USD!!!

The thing that pushed me over the top and buy the larger, more expensive light was ā€œfuture useā€. I knew it would fit my immediate needs running at 50% in a closet grow, and I have a separate room large enough for 6 or 8 of these running at full power. If yours is a good fit for your tent and you have no future plans to expand, thereā€™s no reason to get a bigger one, right?

Thanks for sharing and congratā€™s on the new light!

2 Likes