$35 Phototron on Marketplace

I snagged an unopened Phototron III for $35 on Marketplace today. The guy said he bought it in 2013 and had it in storage for the last 10 years. All the paperwork is from 1991. I think it’s been sitting around much longer than ten years. What are the odds that I could use the included supplies and have them produce some nice buds?
I haven’t found too much info about them, but see @PhilCuisine has used one.

48 Likes

Friggin cool! Like a weed growing time machine! Did you call the phone number? What are the warnings in the book? Lol…ever neat!!

11 Likes

I didn’t call. I did a little recon before I bought it and found out the company went belly up.

2 Likes

Call the number anyway and tell the person who answers you were instructed to call…then make all types of outrageous demands…then come share the outcome with us…lol…let’s see where this goes.

10 Likes

It is a time machine. Been sitting in that box for over 30 years. Can’t wait to get it set up and plugged in. Won’t be able to grow any monsters in it, but could be a good spot for starts.

3 Likes

Straight up antique! I wonder if there’s a weed museum? You should post an ad on ebay and see if you get any outrageous offers for that thing. Never know. It’s like an unopened hot wheels car with original packaging. :ok_hand::+1:

2 Likes

That’s neat. Never seen one I. Real life but was told they are quite small in terms of growing something.

This was in the bottom of the unit. :rofl: 1992 is what my eyes see. WOW!

14 Likes

Lol thats priddy cool

Ill go 45 bucks…

3 Likes

LOL!!! I was 7 years old!!!

Let’s see the nutrients they sent!!

2 Likes

I was on 2nd grade myself. Lol.

1 Like

Oh wow! I was 5 when that thing was quality controlled! That’s an insane find. I can’t believe you snagged it for $35!

3 Likes

Is there a price tag on it anywhere? I wonder what it was selling for brand new back in the day.

LOL! Oh to be young again! I remember 1992 like it was yesterday. I was actually suprised when I stopped to think about how long ago 1992 was. Damn! Over 30 years. Being a child of the 60’s, I do remember the 90’s very well. :grinning:

9 Likes

I feel like your only choice is it grow a plant in your closet using the kit.

2 Likes

I agree. I feel like it’s my duty to follow all the obsure directions that come with it and see what kind of plant I can produce. Sounds like a fun little grow.

6 Likes

Grow something old school and nostalgic of the 90’s!! A skunk or something… lol…and then crank ace of base, which just so happened to be released in '92…lol…appropriate…and a good tune.

8 Likes

It must be done.

3 Likes

There some priced from 150 bucks and they go up to 650 . Could make a small windfall.lol Cool pick up

3 Likes