What's everyone do with their old/extra equipment

Like the title asks what’s everyone do with their old gear once they upgrade or happen upon free shit they like better than their current?

I work with Lenofocus, a Chinese LED company and they send me returned lights from Amazon occasionally. I built a buddy a light from them, kept a couple for myself, gave some away to a couple buddies so they could start growing.

Well they just sent me two more MX1200s, their 120W 90° lense Cree 3030 SMD LEDs, dimmable meanwell driver quantum boards (which when aimed at the ceiling produce a perfect circle despite being a rectangular QB, blew my mind last night) and I essentially have no use for them unless I take my 200w 2x4 light out of the veg tent and into the flower area and use the two of them in the tent (but that’ll add 240w to my daily total).

Also have a trim bag and extra trim bin I don’t require anymore cause I got my TrimPal that I’d like to go to someone vs tossing cause there’s nothing wrong with any of em (maybe some duct tape on the trim bag :joy:)

So again, what’s everyone do with their extra grow equipment? Shipping seems way too expensive and I only know so many people that grow

10 Likes

Maybe post an online ad in your local area and offer it to vets or someone in need to grow their own medicine.

7 Likes

I always give my old gear out to people just starting out

10 Likes

I like to hook people up. That’s cool that you get free stuff. My old stuff I’ll give it away to help someone. I hate to trash it.

4 Likes

Those are heavy lights. Fans build in?

2 Likes

I’ll have to put out more feelers for people starting out, I only know a handful of growers in person. Sometimes all people need is a little push like some free lights and seeds, right?

7 Likes

I’m thrashing this 192 I got. To much heat energy. I’ll give it away.

2 Likes

There are no fans to em, they only put out heat at the driver and it’s 120w worth of heat (there’s a conversion for how much heat a watt puts out)

None of their lights have fans actually, but I do have to run AC with 650 watts of lighting going or it’ll get real hot in there, 88F+

3 Likes

I have gotten a few seeds. I haven’t tried to cry at every free seed. I did it for the enjoyment. I gave a set up with plants and grow nutrients. No tent. I couldn’t go that far. It made me feel good.

2 Likes

Usually donate my older kit that’s viable still to people whom need equipment to start their own medicinal journey .

3 Likes

Yeah im totally about to setup another room offsite

3 Likes

I like those ideas. @TestOfOath good to see ya. Take it easy. I’m sure you’ll find someone.

3 Likes

So far I’ve just hung on to them but mainly because I don’t know any potential growers who would benefit. If a friend wanted to grow I would definitely toss them what I could to get them started. Then again it is quite reassuring to have backups on hand just in case.

Those trim bins are intriguing but not enough for the price tag on them. I’ve mulled one over a few times and just couldn’t justify it.

1 Like

I have no idea what I’m gonna do with my hids once I upgrade.

But if anyone wants 3 1000w phantom ballasts, 600w and 400w ipower ballasts and open reflectors hoods just lmk. I’m sure we can work something out.

2 Likes

Oh wow I didn’t realize the trim bag existed but that’s pretty cool! Not $300 cool, but definitely pretty badass.

2 Likes

Same, I won’t charge them for it either, I got my money out of it.

2 Likes

I damn love my trim bin

2 Likes

You can always post the stuff here.

2 Likes

Well I just got a new 4X4 for the CF seed run @TestOfOath. Actually bought two. I am trying to get refund for the first as they sent poles different from website and they don’t even fit. Setting up the new one today and it could could use lights for a couple months. After that run I will be tearing down the old one as the zipper just gave out yesterday.

:green_heart: :green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

What brand was the old one that failed?
(inquiring minds… :wink:)

Cheers
G

1 Like