Veg light suggestions

I’ve been using some cheap home depot 80w led shop lights for a while now and I’d like use those lights for cloning and buy a new veg light.
Its for a small 20" x 36" tent where I start plants and will keep a couple mothers once I find some worthy of a spot.
I want an led somewhere around 100 to 150w but I would prefer something that’s not square in shape. Something that would give me better light coverage.
As an added bonus I would like to keep it $150 range but honestly don’t care if some cheap Amazon crap.

2 Likes

I’m about to buy a set of these to replace my HOt5’s in my veg cabinet. I’ve used other LEDs from the same company and loved them.

I’ve got 2 of these little guys.

3 Likes

A teensy bit more $ but I’ve had my eye on an HLG100 for my 20x30 veg space.

4 Likes

I would love something like this but it to wide for my space buy about 4"

2 Likes

Interesting so you just zip tie it to something inside the tent
How many watts are these

Zip ties - my secret weapon. No more fiddling for a 1/4”

7 Likes

18 watts from the wall for the little panels, the light bars are 16w/bar, so 64w across all 4 bars in a set.

I just bolted mine right to the walls of my cabinet. When I get an actual veg tent I’m going to just make a frame from pvc and hang it.

3 Likes

Dude… Dude… How have I never thought of doing that?

2 Likes

I was getting so pissed off that it wasn’t hanging perfectly that I couldn’t take it anymore :joy:

2 Likes

I just received two Hlg 100 Rspec’s, for a 3x3 space.

Specs say they need 12" above driver and 12-24 above canopy. Might not be ideal for lower height tent or cabinets.

I have a 4x2x40" seedling/ clone cabinet and something rectangular like Dank linked might work for me. That price point looks attractive

1 Like

I think I’m going with this one for a veg light. Has meanwell driver and Samsung 301b doides and dimmer so how bad could it be. Seems like a solid price for 150w as most of the others using the same parts are $150

5 Likes

Theres this from mars hydro

60x8x4.5 cm

4 Likes

@Stevie1durr YES YES YES… that exactly what I was hoping to find. Thank you so much.
Great find brother…pm me your info and I’ll send you some mephisto beans as a show of gratitude.

3 Likes

I’ve got that in my cacti tent it’s pretty powerful for its size 135w I believe

2 Likes

on sale right now for $168

3 Likes

I’m running with both mars hydro ts series and spiderfarmer. Happy with both and i got them all second hand but in good condition.

2 Likes

Why not build a light? It’s not too hard, and plenty of folks around here to help you design and execute

1 Like

have a mars TSW 2000 and love it, its a little beast. Also have a few Viparspectras (2x P1500 and a P4000) and they seem to be constructed very nicely, but run a little warm. The Mars is nice in that you can put the ballast outside of the tent. Both the TSW2000 and P4000 have dimmers which is a nice feature for seedlings / cuttings. Overall happy with both companies, but the Viparspectras just look like a “more finished” product with the large aluminum heatsink / construction. Would be nice if their ballasts were as easily relocatable as the Mars is…

3 Likes

@ChronicMcBudz i actually thought about that but im in the middle of remodeling my house so time is more important than money atm.

1 Like