Whats yall favorite light to use?

I currently have a not terrible light system. I’m looking to maybe invest in a better system in the future. I built a rack and bought some 350 wat lights from barina.

4 Likes

I purchased the best LED on Earth. GrowLightsAustralia. Great price, greatest quality I ever bought.
And they worked some crazy shipping voodoo price, on their end, as they sent it across the globe to me, FAR cheaper then the store calculator stated it would be.
Lovely company. great equipment.
All the best to you whomever you get from.

8 Likes

What light specifically? If you wouldn’t mind sharing

If you are mechanically and electronically inclined, have you considered building your own light? There are several thread’s dedicated to DIY led lights on OG.

7 Likes

I have never even thought of that. 1-10 how inclined do you need to be

Basically build the frame and wire your strips to the driver, wire a potentiometer to the driver to control light intensity and connect a power cord to the driver to power everything.

4 Likes

I use a Timber RedWood VS 600w light fixure.

1 Like

It needs building to your spec but I love @Baudelaire solstrips. I’m not saying they are the most efficient but they grow some amazing plants and you can configure stuff to your exact needs. Good luck with your search. :v:

2 Likes

My favorite lights at the moment are hlg qb96 elites. But if I was going to do a build now, it would probably be strips.

I agree that you should seriously consider building your own. You will get a better light, learn something, save money and be able to fix it if something breaks.

On a scale of 1-10. I’d say like a 2 if you copy someone else’s build.

5 Likes

Spider Farmer is what I use at the moment.

4 Likes

I got the bar style spider farmer 300w. It works well. I’d like to get a stronger light though.

2 Likes

Electric sky is nice so is hlg

4 Likes

Discontinued these for some reason, they are great lights though.

1 Like

Imo best of the best is Fohse hands down, Gavita is absolutely stellar, as is fluence if you have the money. I’m absolutely in love with my RayonLED 720w’s they are so well built and just do a phenomenal job! But tbch medic grow has really made a great light too for a fraction of the price and I keep seeing guys kill it with the new mars stuff! A while back I wouldn’t even look at one, now I’ve had my eyes opened by several stellar growers utilizing strictly mars. Last but not least by any means HLG! This is a stellar company, great warranties and killer lights too.

1 Like

I use HLG 100 V2 3000K, Good lights that do not give me any issues.

3 Likes

HLG 100’s are great lights. I don’t see them selling the ones I use anymore either. 230w

They don’t sell them on Amazon anymore. The last one I got real cheap. They had a deal on them.

1 Like

I’ve used growers choice Roi line for the last four years and love them. Currently have the e720 for flower and the 200 for veg. Pricey lights, but well worth the purchase

1 Like

If you have money go with HLG, growers choice or Photontek. If you want mid range I like spider farmer, if you want cheaper then viparspectra is supposed to be great bang for your buck. There is also alibaba but it can be sketchy, especially if the light is not UL listed or CSA approved.

This guy probably does the best light testing on YouTube. He rated the virparspectra the best value light a little while ago.

https://www.youtube.com/@MIGROLIGHT

4 Likes

My favorite type of light is the sun, it is free to use. :laughing:
I have used HPS/MH, then switched to CMH. I have even used florescent lighting. (for small plants/clones)
I have since switched to LED lighting, but if I had more room I would fire up another CMH, HPS, or MH since I have them already.
I really like the LED lighting though. I actually prefer it to all the other options.

3 Likes

I don’t led. Still rocking adjust a wings d.e and dual 600 mh/hps combo.

No shame lol

5 Likes