400 w hps heat solutions

I’ve been running on passive intake with windows open in the room. I’m scheming an intake line and hope to get it in this weekend. I’m trying to see what works, what doesn’t, without losing too much in this grow. Air exchange is important for sure!

1 Like

Get to know him

2 Likes

He doesn’t like me because I question some of his more…colorful opinions.

Apparently he has created a method of making HID lights not give off heat in small tents, though. Maybe he puts his tents in walk-in-freezers? IDK never ask a “magician” such as this cat his secrets.

I’m too much of a big antifa meanie for the secret, haha…maybe it was a good thing the tank closed.

its in another thread, you seem to have all the time to resource shit.

Whats it gonna be like for you reading something real for change?

1 Like

Take it easy gramps, Matlock, Touched by an Angel, or Murder She Wrote will be on soon.

Go have a Werther’s your blood sugar must be low.

80 cfm is too low I run a 40 in x 40 in tent I use a 6 inline 240 cfm and in the summer it runs 24/7
I also run a 6 in in-line Ac infinity ( it’s an amazing pice of equipment) as an intake from my house to 3 tents to help control temps ( tents in the garage)
Ex 90 degrees F out side house 74 all three tents lights on Between 84 to 88 degrees

3 Likes

Prob need about 200 cfm , 80 cfm aint going to keep up

What kind of light are you running? I didn’t think ahead when I was creating the tent. I hadn’t grown in a while and forgot how intense the HPS is. I have a lot running to accommodate but when this grow is done, I am going to add a proper fan.

I was using a 400 watt cool tube then
Now led California lightworks 500 full spectrum
Much cooler

But when I ran hps it was trial and error I finally settled on a 600 cfm vortex fan for that rooms exhausts and installed a 6 in in-line fan as a air intake from the entrance hall closet to the garage ( hidden room back of closet )
This helped a lot

I moved and switched to leds less heat and I still need to in take air from the house to keep it cool :sunglasses:

Good luck

1 Like

you missed romper room today didn’t ya.

Pull your bottom lip up over your head and swallow.
And blow away

1 Like

You gonna elaborate on the totally real “I-don’t-need-to-vent-my-HID-lights-inside-tents” technique or just keep stirring the pot?

Sad as an original member of OG it was always about sharing info and helping each other.Overgrow is about sharing a great passion and making each other better growers and people

2 Likes