65 watt compact fluorescents

It’s totally doable… and it’s even better for saving money

Grr, wrong angle. This was from 4 days before that. The sticky trap doubles as my visual for how far to keep the plants off the lights :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Plants look good and bushy

1 Like

This is prolly the best most cheapest option iv ever seen as far as it basically working and grow good plants

2 Likes

I love the vanity strips, it looks like a posh 80s bathroom in there haha.

@corey the 150hps should produce quite a lot more light that the floros. It won’t be crazy hot, just keep the ballast out of the growroom.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks! I definitely don’t want to catch fire

1 Like

The bulbs I found are $2 for a 4pk, even for the 15w (100w equivalents)! I’m using 21-25 bulbs to fully light the tent, I’ll have another two strips on a separate frame to adjust for different heights. Less than $150 for the “build” and the light bulbs for my flower area, plus the cost of wires and hanging hardware (I went with chain and carabiner). I still have yet to learn to use a soldier iron :rofl:

This one post cemented my confidence in the use of these LEDs
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8491878&postcount=2687

5 Likes

Is this shit new or where have I been? I seen some cool shit on here but as far as affordability and effectiveness goes. This takes the cherry!!

2 Likes

I did my reading about affordable options, which led me to the solo strips, then to that thread on ICmag. It started years ago, and I read through all 450 pages.

1 Like

Well it paid off my friend. That will probably be what I do next

1 Like

I think this led bulb method is the way to go if your a begginer or someone who is on a strict budget.

1 Like

I won’t be getting anything different any time soon, I’m about to build a set with the 3 bulb fixtures for the veg side of my tent, and also plant on a set for my winter indoor pepper garden hehe.
Oh, I’m going to be using roughly 50/50 blend of cool/daylight white and warm white bulbs for bloom, all daylight for veg.

2 Likes

Seamonkey do the same with vanity lights

…only mine came from habitat store

3 Likes

I couldn’t find any vanity fixtures at my local habitat for humanity store, but I found the 4pk it bulbs for $2

2 Likes

More lighting

3 Likes

I just ordered the 4000k of these for a “mom” cabinet I plan on building. When you use them do you remove the plastic cover to expose the bare LED strip inside or do you run them as they came?

2 Likes

I use big channel lock pliers and squeeze, turn and squeeze until they come off

1 Like

I’m building amom cabinet but probably will use my old cfl fixtures for them

1 Like

i did yes they were brite with the covers on but no heat was felt at all so i took them off, could feel a little heat not much but they wee even brighter, suggest you dont look at them on with no covers, unless you use sunglasses of the right type
@J-Icky

2 Likes

I’m building this… Did you just wire the bulbs in parallel or does the vanity strip take care of the wiring of the individual sockets for you? I want this now!

1 Like