7th Inning Stretch.....Everything you wanted to know about stretch and more

I am not sure what you mean here…
Shade is equal to or less than blue?
Please explain.

Thanks
Shag

Me or the plant? :rofl:

4 Likes

Yes, that makes sense, but did you grow a plant in the dark with only red and far red light?
Give that a shot.
You will see what I am saying.

Both! :joy:

I was associating red with Sun and blue with dark-shade, perhaps it’s a misconception …

1 Like

I am not going to do this but I would be very interested to see your documentation.

What are you looking for when your looking at Pk Def?Like lower fading leaves or crumbly lower leaves from plant eating leaves to make nutrients to make more leaves causing a mobile nutrient issue?

1 Like

Yes exactly. Just a little browning of the tips at the bottom.

2 Likes

I’m finding out that rootbound plants cause this issue too and sometimes it masks other symptoms.I’ve started popping the plants out of the pots and looking at the roots more if it’s all warped wrapped around the bottom of the pot I’ve been not only repotting but BOG double potting into a container that is at least half a size bigger and putting the previous pot 2 inches into the next taking care to let root solidly and not bump around the new and previous pot to cause root damage and set those roots deep and use as much vertical up down space to get taller bushier plant.I love that double pot method it’s flawless.

2 Likes

I’d bet money that these root bound plants are showing deficiency symptoms because the feed hasn’t been bumped to accommodate the size of the plant. I routinely run in pots that are “too small” and find it’s fine as long as you estimate feeding requirements correctly.

But your mileage may vary :+1:

(I’m overdoing it on my current grow and am trying to correct it)

3 Likes

That and I’m thinking the pots are not draining right because of the bound up roots causing hot spots to accumulate and poor capillary action for feeding and water intake and cause lockouts that look like other shit as well further complicating a situation making people freak out and nuke thier shit with more nutes I can confirm this for I have been a dumbass and did it.

Yeah. It gets even more complex because my middle plant gets the most heat/light so it uptakes more water and nutes than it needs so it’s just another variable that needs to be addressed. It is currently over fed.

To keep up on topic I am currently growing 4’ plants in 2g pots and they quadrupled in stretch.

1 Like

True, although this is usually referred to as bolting, but along the same lines.
It makes a plant narrow and bolt/stretch.
Same shit basically, different term, only slightly different really.

1 Like

i think you guys missed the part about i had 6 or 7 different types of genetics going at the same time so genetics is not the answer. not the issue. . after searching around and digging in stretch threads maybe i am wondering about night temps. from day temps. i never thought about keeping the lady’s warm at night

1 Like

It is good sound advice, based in science and has been scientifically tested on cannabis.

Morning Dif
AKA temperature difference.

When possible use a zero to -5 DIF during pre-flowering by heating your room during the night.

If you need to use heat during the night, it should be equal to, and/or just above, temp during day.

So here is an example, night temp is ~75-83’F and day temp is ~75-78’F. give or take a few degrees but never falling below 75’F

i was only monitoring day temp 76-84 using a 3-5 degree dead band. i had set the night temp set 72-78 thinking i was in the 5 degree dead band but not really monitoring the temps at night. i was mostly trying to deal with night high humidity levels.[ dah low temps] gonna have to add heat next winter. with the extra heat humidly things will come in line and allow my ladies to stretch out and relax and grow…

1 Like

My temperature differential can be as much as 12C

1 Like

I feel it is not a big deal if you don’t get excessive stretch.
I don’t monitor mine, probably not ideal.
But I don’t have issues with stretch usually either.
I guess if I did I would make to corrections needed.
I do not grow many sativa/narrow leaf varieties.
The ones I do grow are hybrid and don’t have long flowering times.

. it just only effected my return. thought they would grow/ get bigger after the flip , but only ended with some kick ass stumpers instead of good growth trees that i usually get after the flip. i just was wondering if it was because of the type of light growth cylce. thank all of you for your help…

1 Like

Most likely this was cause by the timing of your flip and the start of the screen.
As a rule of thumb, put them in the screen, let em grow up through the screen just a few inches.
Where you see growth everyday from all tops.
What happens is the plant now sees all the tops as dominant.
This takes more energy, if you flip too early they run out of energy, they put it all into flower growth as you experienced.

In short just veg em a bit longer and you should be good.

Peace
Shag

I do this too but I tie them down and let them take turns being dominant :+1:

5 Likes