A Detailed Look into the Vivosun VS4300 LED

Great writeup!

Your review blew me away @Northern_Loki .

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

On a scale of Siskel to Ebert how many thumbs does it get?

Very interesting and informative thanks.

1 Like

great write up @Northern_Loki thanks for the time and efforts it was very helpful to me. something as a reference to show how it helped me. remember when vaporizers first came to the market? i was all for the more healthy smoking thing. i cant remember the name of the first vape i tried but it was awful. some sort of bong looking thing with an electric fryer bowl. it just tasted awful and just chard your bud. this went on for years i spent a lot of good money trying the latest and greatest thing and they all seemed sub-standard to a bong or joint hit. i will be honest it took what seemed like 20 years for the technology to catch up and get it right. i am so enjoying my sequoia coil on drag mod today. no comparison to the tech of years ago.this set up is what every one was after at a reasonable price 20 years later. i live where electricity is expensive and have been interested in leds to reduce operating cost. just a personal grower so the cost of those supposed good leds gives me sticker shock. i have been waiting this out also as this new tech develops and the price gets down to a reasonable price. i was kind of skeptical of this vivosun. but after reading your write up perhaps i finally found the “winner winner chicken dinner.” thanks again to all the og family. i really like and enjoy the vibe i get here.

4 Likes

hell of a review. thank you for doing this @Northern_Loki !

3 Likes

@Northern_Loki

All I can say is WOW.

This is an incredible in depth post, thank you!

Side note: I’m about to step my post game up. Amazing!

1 Like

Incredible detail and write up. I need to get some led in my tents.

1 Like

Hey @Northern_Loki what a brilliant writeup, very profesional, Vivosun should hire you on their technology team👍

1 Like

Looks nice. Thanks

1 Like

Here’s a couple of PPFD maps which I’ll be adding into the OP for this fixture as measured at 6 inch and 12 inch heights:

Click on those image to see the detail. No reflective walls, open air since I’m lazy. Reflective walls do make a difference particularly around the periphery but they are a real PITA to work around.

There’s noticeable skew in the intensity left to right which may be from a small height difference across the hangers. Maybe 1/4 inch. 1/2 inch at most. Not certain. Particularly in the first graph. Shows you how sensitive such things are if that’s it.

I’ll probably do 18 inches as well.

9 Likes

This is some amazing information thank you @Northern_Loki for putting this out there. Love seeing the tech side of things!!!

These lights also look sleek and like they read to rock some socks off some plants.

1 Like

And, here would be the PPFD map at 18 inches:

As an aside, here is what happens when you add a reflective wall along one side. I’ve rescaled the PPFD extents and added additional contour lines to help make the differences easier to see. First image is with no walls. Second image show the results of adding a reflective wall along one side. Click on each to see the detail:

Here is the image of the set-up with a single reflective wall in place:

6 Likes

@Northern_Loki just to make certain. will this led would work good for both veg & flower, or is i suited to one or the other better?

1 Like

General purpose spectrum, should be good for both.

2 Likes

thank you kind sir! @Northern_Loki .

1 Like

Very nice info @Northern_Loki
Thanks.

1 Like

Dang @Northern_Loki a very good run down. Nice page.

2 Likes