A Guide For Newbies On Transplanting

Thats cool if your not comfortable then best not to do it…Like i said this run i am flowering all mine in 1 gal bags…Cool we can compare flower progress.

Cheers
Smkn

Thanks for sharing,helpful.

Handy,I’m going to try this once I repot these babies

Hi Nancy, welcome to OG, perhaps something that would be better is using fabric pots, roots are better oxygenated and air pruned, they don’t contort around like in plastic pots. I transplant from seedling starters to 1 gallon and some days before flipping to the definitive 3 gallon fabric pot … beer3|nullxnull

Welcome to OG! @Kin

Thanks for the info @SmknCanuck. I’ll be transplanting this week from clear solo cups into 3 and 5 gallon cloth pots. I’ll follow your advice on wetting the bottom part of the soil before transplanting. I started a grow log if you’d like to see.
Here we grow again… Magic Melon, Pineapple Express, Death Star
“Growing happiness one pot at a time”

1 Like

I was just reading this thread again looking at the root bond plant here’s a pic of blueberry plant from my last grow,that’s a 3 gallon pot as well,I went from fiber pots to plastic to much of a mess when water the fiber pots this was an auto plant pretty crazy looking

2 Likes

I wish I were living in Canada, here in South Africa you need Millions of Rands for a license, and you need lawyers to help you get this license. So only corporations can afford a grow license here in South Africa.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about the conditions. I am in a prohibition upper Midwest USA state and waiting for jackboot body armor type authorities to wake me up LOL, gulp!!!

3 Likes

How long into flowering can a plant be transplanted? I flipped to 12/12 about a week ago.

I transplanted the plants as soon as they started to show a slight lack of nutrients. I was a little late with the transplant. :slightly_smiling_face:
The new soil has enough nutrients in it, and I’m afraid to add anything.
How much time does the root need to start using the new soil and give the plant what it needs. The lower leaves still continue to turn yellow.
Thank you

You can water the pot in circles far from the stem to force roots to expand looking for that humidity. … beer2|nullxnull

@Dog , I believe it’s better to transplant some days before flipping, normally once it’s mature and sexed, otherwise you stunt in some way the flowering process… beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Great topic for me. Thank you @George.

1 Like