A Pause Because FIRE!

Had come home after an errand and was startled by the boom of an exploding tire.

Ran outside to see the ashfault siding bubble and hiss from the inferno of the car.

In the blink of an eye our 100 year old house was popping and crackling and beginning to roar.

The Fire Department was there fast.

But the Fire was faster.

The fridge where my seed collection was stored.

The study where I wrote most of the posts in this forum.

Had a primal scream at my spouse to get out. She barely did because of trying to coral our freaked out cats.

Unfortunately my sweet leaf munching assistant did not make it.

The Fire consumed all of my history - my books, my work, my seeds.

And all of my present - my car, my house, even clothes and a cat!

It only took frighteningly few minutes.

But the fire never visited the lab. Just rained on it with acid ash water from the leftover firefighter flood.

We have been deluged with love from our community, family, and friends.

In fact my future made it through the fire all the way to the rescue ranch.

The first round winners of the Truffle Cross. 2 phenos of Original Chocolate Diesel. All of the Sherb Cream Pie crosses.

And my personal best collection.

So I have everything I need.

I’ll be back soon.

Where there’s weed, there’s a way.

-al

RIP Sweet Nugget

Attention:

I am only the breeder-hunter for Green Rush Farms.

They are a separate entity and continue on as their own.

Walk Through

72 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that man, did it start at the car or are there forest fires around? I’m sorry about your furry friend, I’m glad you and your partner are ok.

11 Likes

What a horrible thing! My condolences for your cat, your house, and everything swallowed up therein. It sounds like a truly painful time for you and yours, I hope that you all find yourselves in a better place in the ripeness of time. :heart:

11 Likes

Omg. I’m so sorry. You are in our thought and prayers.

9 Likes

Jeezus Alla Buhda !
You and your wife are the important ones , all else , even if one doesn’t think so is second place .

7 Likes

So so sorry to read this! Glad you and the Mrs made it out unscathed but so sorry for all you two have lost.

In our thoughts and prayers here.

8 Likes

nooooo!! i was enjoying watching your pheno hunts. not sure what to say other than were all sorry for your loss

7 Likes

Tragic. Very sorry to hear this. Can we help in any way? 🫶🏽

9 Likes

Man, I’m so sorry about your loss. I’d help replenish any seeds you may need. I’ve lost everything to a fire + my 2 cats, so I can feel everything you’re going through. Any way I can help please let me know.

11 Likes

This sounds like just the worst! I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

7 Likes

Wow. I have no words. Wow. My condolences.

9 Likes

I am very sorry to hear this.
I have seen many of homes go up in flames, it is devastating how fast it can spread.
Don’t be afraid to reach out and talk to someone, this is a very traumatizing event to go through.

9 Likes

Fucking awful man truly…

Let us know if we can do anything to help. Many of us out here feeling for you right now

10 Likes

Wish you a quick recovery from this nightmare!

8 Likes

@als_weed, a horrible surreal situation. Thank goodness you got there when you did, things could have been much worse. Sorry you lost your furry friend. Let us know if and how we can help.

8 Likes

This is really hard to look at on a screen! I can’t even imagine living it. My condolences, smoke and many prayers for you and yours. It’s great to see you have a positive attitude and outlook! Wishing you all the best in the recovery.:green_heart::green_heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

Damn brother I am sorry my thoughts are with you and if there anything I could do lmk

8 Likes

My shed caught fire beginning of the year while I was a few hours drive away. Whole way home I thought I lost it all luckily just burned the back of the house up and the shed. We never kept a fire extinguisher but we now have three. It really does only take a min and it can all be gone right in front of you.

6 Likes

So sorry to hear this and about the poor cat. :frowning:

6 Likes

Dam sorry to hear of your misfortune. Glad your alright items can be replaced a life can’t .

6 Likes