A Pause Because FIRE!

I even thought I don’t know, I can only imagine how you are feeling rate now about all the losses you have suffered. Especially for your kitty :cat2:‍:black_large_square: I am glad your family members are safe. Please contact should you need anything and I will help. When you are more settled again I have seeds fit send you again just DM me for anything that will help! :v:

6 Likes

Hey man, I’m glad you and your SO made it out and my condolences for the cats that didn’t make it! I’m glad you have all the help and support of friends and family

5 Likes

Much uglier thread than I thought… when I opened this, I assumed it was about a new IG cultivar that people keep using :fire: emojis about. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry to hear about all this, @als_weed, and best of luck getting back on your feet.

5 Likes

Very sorry to see this happened to you.

2 Likes

It was a 2010 Dodge Journey. I have heard there are several problems since this happened and others that have experienced a fire with them.

In fact 2 days ago another one caught fire here in town.

I will pursue this soon.

Thank you everyone for your kind words of support. I consider Overgrow to be my base, even though I have sponsored forums in multiple places.

So I will be around to answer any weed questions in the threads of my forum which I will continue to maintain. Many do not know this forum even exists in the sponsored section.

Thank you all once again.

-al

14 Likes

Please let us know how/if we can help. Donations, supplies, you name it!

4 Likes

I’m down for a little helping out. @als_weed is a sponsor here. I think we’re trying to help this person out. @LemonadeJoe I know he’s down for this kind of stuff all the time.

3 Likes

So sorry for the loss brother. Thank god you and the family are safe. Truely sorry for the loss of your fur baby. Much love your way.

5 Likes

So sorry to hear about nugget, and the loss.
From the short time I’ve been at this community, and the support they show.
I definitely know you will be ok in the future.
Thought and prayers from me and Mrs.lz
If you need anything from Canada, dm me.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

Holy crap! I did not see that coming. Majorly wishing you the best and good luck on being made whole again. That is just insane. I couldn’t imagine.

6 Likes

Man, I’m so sorry for you guys. That was a real shock just reading about it. RIP Sweet Nugget. I’m almost shaking myself.

Please reach out to any of us if you need to. We can do a lot as a collective group, maybe. My prayers and good vibes are sent to you and your wife. peace

9 Likes

Glad you’re all okay.
Sorry’s all I can say. :cry:

3 Likes

Same here, my friend. I do have a few extra lights. I’m really happy no one got hurt.

2 Likes

Man. That’s absolutely horrible. Sorry to hear about all of this. Hope Sweet Nugget rests easy. I can’t offer much, but if there’s any way I could try to help you out- let me know. I’m not rich, but I do know how to solve a problem or two, and I’m a good listener. I wish you all the strength you need to rebuild.

2 Likes

heartbreaking. wishing you the best and hope the support you get helps you through this tough time.

1 Like

It’s been now 2 weeks since the fire.

The sharpness of loss has dulled. I can now talk about it without a spike in blood pressure.

I’m still jarred at times to my new reality. You forget the old life is gone until a moment crashes through. Like the forgotten loss of a loved one made real with the sudden reknowing of their passing.

Seems I’m in a slow motion rush to preserve memories that are disappearing forever like Hal singing Daisy.

People have been great with donated items from clothes to furniture.

We are staying with family while working on transportation and housing.

Some friends have made a bit of space available for me to work in.

So in addition to the normal aero runs, I’ll be working with their giant organic trees.

It will be great to get dirty and stop feeling so strange in this stranger land.

For now we will be refugees living in an exploded garage sale.

But I am so grateful to have this restart considering how much worse it could be.

And I am also so thankful for all of your warm wishes and kind sentiments. It really does help to feel a great sense of community from across the globe.

Trixie is making new friends!

Once again I thank you all.

I’ll be back in the garden soon.

-al

19 Likes

Here’s a link to my new thread. Join us as we literally rise from the ashes!

-al

6 Likes

So glad your kitty popped out. That had to really make everything just a little easier. Loss sucks losing loved ones can be crushing. Glad people are coming together and helping you and yours. Wish you the best in figuring out your new life as you said from the ashes…

4 Likes

A friend lost his house in the fire a few years ago. See, you’ll be amazed of your new life and all the good that will come. Happy Trixie and all the best to you!

2 Likes