A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Holy crap!!! I want to know what that weighs dry lol. Shes a monster!

3 Likes

Another 10-14 days, and she is dry enough for a final trim, we will know roughly lol

3 Likes

Very frosty, especially for HOG!!!

2 Likes

Your plants forever amaze me. One day I shall take the faithful leap into full shadeymodeism and begin my no-till antics with the way yours come out always get me scratching my noggin.

4 Likes

Well you got to have the good genetics to start with and I was lucky Trippy Hippy, gifted me a clone of it.

Other than that its stuff them in the soil, and hopefully not get in their way too much lol. Extra large container of LITFA, in permanent use lol.

They seem a bit more trichy than usual, might be the switch over from HPS to LEDS. Who knows, every time I grow a cloned plant it comes out a bit different from the time before. Maybe they like a 24/7 light schedule right in the middle of flower for 9 days :joy:

8 Likes

Whats the good word?

2 Likes

The good word for the day is haluluya and you have to use it in every post you make :rofl:

3 Likes

So today I thought I would give the soil that the Sebs Rev was growing in a test, as I was getting deficiencies, and when testing the run off before, was raising my PH almost 2 points. Now its chopped, I thought I would have a dig around the root zone, and see what the soil tested at in a slurry.

I started with water at PH 5.35 out of my zero water filter, and added 3 table spoons to one table spoon of soil from a depth of 4 inches in the pot. The result was not what I was expecting. After stirring and leaving to soak for 5 minutes the PH dropped only 0.12.

At 3 inches depth all around the pot between the centre hole and edge is dry soil with the gypsum and lime I put in about 4-5 weeks ago, I can see it clearly.

So I am really not sure now why there is such a big swing from water mixed with the soil, and the run off, other than what looks like a build up of stuff around the bottom of the pot, which may be silica as its white looking in colour, maybe affecting the water when it comes into contact with the bottom of the pot.

If my root zone shows little difference between water in and out it wouldn’t have been a PH problem. Then the sebs rev must have just been deficient but with so much calcium, magnesium and potassium silica that was going in, I don’t know what to think now, and I am really confused. The hog seemed not bothered by the light fuck up, so I would assume the sebs was not effected either by that.

Well I stuck a Big Bang in it now so we will see what happens and if that develops any problems.

3 Likes

Never thought a squirrel could cause such a headache :see_no_evil:, hope your hog dinasty will survive, this thread won’t be the same without them…

3 Likes

Haluluya brother Jetter. Haluluya sister Bessie! Tobacco Road is one of my favorite movies!

2 Likes

Cheers George, I hope so too, It will be a sad day if I do :cry: but there is always the possibility of something better around the corner ready to replace it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have just been out to try and get a handle on whats happening to my plants.

The Sebs Rev had problems and now the C99XGH is having problems. Now one problem I know which was the lights going on 24/7 for 9 days, which has and had, put them about 2 weeks behind.

All the pistils have been brown for 2 weeks now, with little bud growth. Today I have a few buds putting out new white pistils, so I think they have kicked back into growing, but the fan leaves have been dying off slowly.

Looking for opinions of what may be the problem if anyone has the time to have a look please, @Tinytuttle @ReikoX @Sebring

Now I thought this was a combination of potassium and cal mag deficiency as the leaves faded yellow first, before going brown. Now I am thinking they are and were showing nutrient burn instead, but that shouldn’t really happen with organic no till I thought.

These are the some pics of the leaves that are showing problems.

The same was happening to the Sebs Rev.

Cheers.

8 Likes

By chance did they dry out before there next watering ? I’ve had plants do that if the pot gets too dry before a watering.

4 Likes

Cheers for the input man, but no, I rarely let them get too dry, as the worms and bacteria will suffer, normally they are always moist to 50% of the pot before they get re watered, The C99 did get a little dry on the top 3/4 of the pot over the weekend but not completely.

2 Likes

I can see what you mean by looking nutrient burn. It can happen with organics. I have done it with too much malted barley powder before, for example.

Could be something going on in the roots, possibly pH if its way off.

6 Likes

How far along are they? 2-3 weeks yet?

2 Likes

Tested the run off from the 2 of them and the run off was just over a 2 point difference up so if it was ph5 water, run off would be ph7.

Tested the root zone on the c99 at a depth of 3 inches ph dropped only .12 so from ph5.32 water down to ph5.2.

They have had a half cup full every 3 weeks. There is some still sitting in a crust on the soil surface.

Sebs Rev was finished last week but the problem started just after finishing stretching, at 4 weeks.

The c99 problem started roughly the same at 4 weeks just after the stretch, it’s now at 7 weeks this Sunday, but with the light on 24/7 for 9 days after being in flower for a week. So I think they would be equivalent to 5 weeks in reality with their progression.

4 Likes

If this is nutrient burn how would it be best to deal with it.

I have plenty of soil in my worm bin.

I could remove the top 3-4 inches around the plant and replace it.

3 Likes

pH in the 5s is too low. It’s causing pH lockout. Water in some ag-lime, or other pH booster. I try not to drop below about 6.
Running extra water through the soil might also help by leaching out some of the acidity.

What does everyone else use to increase pH?

6 Likes

I’m going to state the easy one here … Ph up I’d think would work wouldn’t it? I’m surprised to see your soil that low but agree with @Sebring in that your getting lockout in that range!

3 Likes