A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Looking good bro. I love the tent extension! what a great way to maximize your space my dude! :vulcan:

4 Likes

Somehow missed that update bro but nice job looks nice an tidy and will suit its purpose so what more do ya want bro :blush: plants looking tip top as per always a nice yield from the hog n tut.

1 Like

Cheers man, I am competing with with Trevor for the low budget grow lol. Your G99 is almost there I think, not done it justice, so I will be doing more, the boy G99 is a girl I think the cutting in the Flower Room is showing 2 pistils from the calyx, I struggle to get the sex right sometimes, those baby branch points above the calyx look like balls occasionally if I don’t have my magnifying goggles on :nerd: I will be making clones from her and running a couple more. I have a couple of spare pots think I will put the C99XDH in those see how they do.

Thanks bud, I weighed up the Hog the other day after getting it back down from the loft and bagged it to dry a bit more as the heat up there made it sweat. I got 147gr from it dry and 52grams sugar trim and popcorn, there was a lot of fluffy stuff in the bottom half of the plant. Not too bad though, should keep me unconscious for a while :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Haha gotta bust out the magnifying glass eh? I feel ya my eyes have been bad and are only getting worse I’m the same way. You got this bro. :slight_smile: :vulcan:

4 Likes

The weedly update.

Its been a warm moist week here in NS cant complain as I turned the heating on in the house 10 days ago and it only was on for a day so saving money there is good. I cant remember it being this warm in October before, hoping all that snow out in the middle of Canada and northern US stays there and fizzles out quick. The thought of an early winter is very depressing as the seem to be lasting a month longer the last couple of years. The trees leaves are all turning beautiful colors of red to gold and all the shades in between here and looking spectacular when the sun shines through them.

Ambient temps have been in the mid teens all week during the day and still warm enough at night to have a window in the bedroom open. Temps in the the mother clone cab have been stable at 78 days and low 60.s nights, nearly time to put a heater in there for night time, I might just put a heat mat, on a timer in there, to warm it up a bit at night.

The newly hatched elephantizer remix seedlings, from Collectors Edition Seeds, that I got for designing him a logo are doing very well lots of vigour. The CBD Blueberry which are actually a CBD and THC mix, are looking good, going to run one of those as well as 2 of the C99XDH that look like girls, there is one more that looks like a boy, so I will hold that one back for the moment. The G99 that I thought was a boy, is definitely a girl whoopee, so keeping her for a mother and will get some clones soon and do another run and try and improve on the last one that got screwed up. Saw my nephew yesterday and the plants I gave him are growing great, but he has an itchy trigger finger and wants to flip the Hog next week. So I will be going to get some cuttings during the week, so I can keep the pheno alive hopefully.

Tranquil Elephantizer Seedlings, they got an inch more soil added to there pots a couple of days ago for extra support, they have slowed their stretch under the full spec bulb in the desk light.

The C99xDH gang.

The Blueberry CBDs and the rest of the mothers.

In the veg tent/cab still trying to get used to all the extra space, ordered the LED strips to make a light last night, so hopefully should have more light in there by the end of this week coming. Temps have been lower in here this week due to more space and less light, and the extraction fan running pretty much constantly keeping the RH down, due to the weather. temps have been about 23-24C days and down to low 60s at night putting a heater in here probably tonight, if I can find one that works, I have one in my new beer fermenting room under the stairs, which is a bit more critical temp wise atm lol. Ambient RH has been above 70% all week, but the fan is keeping it at 60% all the extra pots in there are not helping, may have to invest in a dehumidifier. Its always the way, as soon as you change one thing, the whole environment changes. So I will have to work out what is the best management, for the least amount of money :persevere:

Group shot of the four thats in there atm.

The Sebs Rev at the back left is really growing fast, and will be next into the Flower Room. The Blue berry Cough at the front left is going well to, all the center branches are coming up as I keep bending the longer ones back down. I moved the light more over the Sebs Rev to speed its growth up, and I think its helped make the BBC stretch more for the light.

The 2 Big Bang the one at the back is getting its roots settled nicely and has doubled its size in the last week, the other one is still adjusting to its new pot and I didn’t help her by dropping the the temp and humidity thingy on her and break a branch the other day :unamused: I only have cover crops in the other pots atm, but that will change soon.

In the Flower Room. temps and RH have been good, 78F days and 70F nights RH has been at a constant 50% with the extractor working over time at night, surprised the temps have not been lower with all the cooler air that’s getting sucked in the room.

Hog starting to get some sulphur deficiency, leaf veins are yellowing first then spreading up the leaves from the tips :frowning: she is 6 weeks in flower today so a little early for this, either too much potassium or PH causing lock out, there is plenty of sulphur in the pots.

Different angle, still throwing out a lot of new pistils, so she is still pumping up the buds

Painted Fires G99 is done, no more new pistils, 75% milky and 25% amber trichs, buds are rock hard and she smells great, trichs are not as proliferate as I have seen on others growing, but very sticky, but that’s not her fault. She will be coming down this afternoon or tomorrow. Disappointed and happy at the same time, it would have been nice to see her maxed out, but happy she did this well, with all the fuck ups. Solid strain, handles lots of abuse and mistakes without transgendering. I will be doing more of these soon, and trying to do a better job with them.

Top view.

Blue Heaven at the back and Tut at the front, end of week 3, stretch has slowed down, and they got a little more defoliation on them this week, I don’t think they will need any more, now they are switching into full on bud production.

Close up of the BH

Close up of the Tut.

Some fungal growth on my mix ready to go into a tea for the BH and Tut now they are switching over to bud making. The cool damp weather is perfect for making it.

13 Likes

Today I chopped down the G99. I found a bud that had been snapped and was just hanging on by a bit of skin and perfectly dried, so I have a little tester smoke to try this afternoon. She really smells great and the trichs are quite thick but not spreading out much past the smaller fan leaves. I will give a report on the smoke later.

Before trimming

Close ups

After trimming.
Not a lot of deference lol it had lost most of the fan leaves.

Close Up. Sparkly buds.

Whats left, going to try a re veg again, see if I can get it to work.

My little helper, clearing up the trimmings by eating them lol. You would think she never got fed lol.

21 Likes

Nice buds and a cute pup

1 Like

Woohoo! :raised_hands: Happy harvest bro.

I like your lil helper. :slight_smile: :dog:

1 Like

Weedly update.

In the clone/mother cab things are going well, I have 4 Tranquil elephantizer remix, fuck that’s a long name lol. starting their 1st sets of proper leaves, and some clover in there as well.

The moms are doing OK put some more food in there pots to help them out a couple have a P deficiency.

Some cuttings taken 3 Hog 4x G99 and 4x DH99. Just hoping for 1 hog to make it, and a couple each of the others.

In the veg tent, we have a new light, with some great tech support help from Trevor, ReikioX and Mr Sparkle, when it wouldn’t work. A strip being the wrong way around and a possible loose connection on it, causing me grief. I managed to break the dimmer switch, as I had epoxy glued it to the driver, which I dropped, after stabbing my finger with an exacto knife. Mr Bean has nothing on me lol.

So here it is in all its glory, blood spattered but working. Its definitely bright :sunglasses: now I have to hatch the 3 remaining ReikioX fam autos to go underneath it.

The Big Bang middle back is going very well, I am thinking of replacing the Tut when that is finished flowering but may take the light that is now spare in the veg tent, and start it earlier as its growing fast. I topped every branch 2 days ago and its not slowed down much could be 2 ft bigger in 3 weeks the way its going…

The re veg attempt on the G99 is still happening, its not lost any leaf colour, but its not doing much either. The BB at the back left is still growing slowly, may keep it in veg longer, we will see what happens with the other big bang its just starting to get its roots down . The DHXC99 is also starting to get its roots down and has grown some new leaves but its a real stretched out girly and why I chopped her sis up for clones, as they stretched a lot in the clone cab :frowning:

In the flower room we have, another Sebs Rev @ 1 week and Tut at 6 weeks at the back.

Close up of the Tut she has slowed a bit but still throwing out new pistils, got a sulphur deficiency, but probably PH related I have ordered a soil testing kit to see how much NPK is available and what the soil PH is, and hopefully sort out what the fuck is going wrong with my soil.

BH on the left and tut on the right they got 2 lights each now. and are @ week 3, still stretching a bit but slowing down. They are starting to get tip burn, probably PH again, I have enough tests for all my pots with this kit. It seems as soon as they switch from the stretch they get problems. They have all been getting plain water except the Sebs Rev and Tut 1 which got a fungal tea mid week.

The light build was fun NOT lol.

So the components arrived and were packaged well.

Built my frame from suspended ceiling wall angle, light steel with a folded edge on each side 1X1 in. I cut one edge and bent the others at the corners, but had to add a piece in, as it was 16 inches short with a 10 ft piece. I pop riveted the corner overlaps, and added a center support.

Screwed my strips on with self tapping drywall stud tech screws, but pre drilled my holes. Managed to get one around the wrong way to the others which prevented it from working.

Wired it up right the first time but as the strip was back ward it wouldn’t work, so second guessed myself and created a circuit bypassing the LEDs just to make it more confusing lmao.

Dimmer epoxied to the case, prior to dropping and breaking it.

The G99 is dry and will be getting its final trim before jarring tomorrow. The smoke was good, the first half toke gave me a 30 minute buzz, and the 10 cent sized bud lasted all night. It was probably 2-3 weeks dried before the chop. It didn’t have a strong taste or smell but it was in my pipe, which kills a lot of taste. I am going to try another shortly and roll it in a joint so nothing interferes with it, to get a real sense of its taste and flavor.

20 Likes

Shiiit, busy man, put your blood, sweat n tears in to this light huh? Glad you got it up and running!!

8 Likes

yeh I was more worried about damaging the driver, not knowing if I had wired something wrong.

5 Likes

Nah, the driver is pretty safe, has some protections on it. It’s the strips that are going to fail in most scenarios.

But the light looks great! Get it hung and get some pics of it in action! I think its gonna kick all sorts of ass!

Glad you got it up and running. Sometimes a puff is all that is needed to figure this stuff out lol.

Those 2 plants under the SIL arrays look killer!

4 Likes

Glad we could figure it out for you. I think you’re going to love those.

3 Likes

All I wanna know, who’s titties are those?

4 Likes

Lmao took a bit to work out what you were talking about.

That’s the Mob boss moll. It was a picture I was working on when I fucked my neck up 4 years ago, it has a couple of things needing done to finish it, but colour is easy to fuck up with bad shakes and transparent paint’s. If you mess up, it’s almost impossible to repair, as any area next to the repair will go darker from the over spray. So I am worried I will make it worse and leaving it be for the moment. I will show you the whole thing when I am on the PC can’t upload on my phone for some reason.

6 Likes

Cant find a pic of her atm this is the reference pic and its pretty close to that.

Just trimmed up the G99. It was a struggle so sticky, never had so much scissor hash from one plant. Had to clean my scissors every couple of minutes, smells kinda sour fruity skunky to me, Going to fire up this hash in a minute and try and forget my back pain today which is really bad.

12 Likes

Just done a soil test on the flowering plants with the Luster leaf rapitest. The results were not quite what I was expecting. Although I think this is not very accurate but gives a good idea of what is happening.

All had more than Surplus N the cover crops providing that and was expected.
All had Adequate K, which was a bit of a surprise, expecting it to be lower.
3 had deficient P, 1 had adequate P, thought that was going to be higher.
All had a soil PH between 6 and 6.5

Soil PH            Phosphorous            Potassium         Nitrogen 

Tut1 PH 6 Adequate Sufficient Surplus
Tut2 PH 6-6.5 Deficient Adequate Surplus
BH PH 6-6.5 Deficient Adequate Surplus
Sebs Rev PH 6-6.5 Deficient Sufficient Surplus

Tomorrow I will do the veg plants, now I am going to top dress the plants with some bat guano, I am thinking around half a table spoon per pot today and see what happens by the end of the week.

5 Likes

Ok did 4 of the veg plants pots with the soil tester kit.
… Soil PH … P … K… N
Big Bang 1 6-6.5…Sufficient…Deficient…Sufficient
Big Bang 2 6.5 … Deficient …`… Deficient … Deficient
BBC 6.5-7 … Adequate … Deficient … Deficient
Re veg 6.5-7 … Adequate … Deficient … Surplus.

So I have amended my pots with whatever was showing a deficiency and I will see how they are in a week or so.

The Hog cuttings have all started to produce roots, so I have a mother and spares :slight_smile: The G99 and DH99 still not showing any roots not sure why they don’t like being cloned. Maybe they need a bit more light and vigour for a while before taking cuttings from these strains.

Moms got a dose of Jobes organic 3.7.4 and I re potted the Blueberry CBD.

The Tranquil elephantizer seedlings doing OK one got a bit of leaf burn from the light on Thursday as the light dropped a little. The auto seedlings are still thinking about getting above ground.

In the veg tent I added another 5 gal pot for the autos, not run the new light yet until the autos go in.

The Blueberry CBD has a bit of a K deficiency I still have to test this pot but it looks a safe bet it is.

The G99 re veg bottom left corner, is not happening by the look of her, everything has died and dried. Maybe I am trying to re veg to late in the game, and the plant has already died lol. The Blueberry cough is picking up now she has had her N deficiency supplemented. The Big Bang 1 is getting large and the #2 is starting to take off as well now, the DH99 is picking up as well. Its a week since I topped all the branches on the Big Bang 1 so I think I may put her into flower at the end of next week.

In the Flower Room.
Top view Sebs Rev doing well so far @ 2 weeks, and the Tut is still bulking up

Side View.

Close Up Tut @ seven weeks buds are dense and quite trichy, 2 weeks to go I think, so she should be close in bud size to what the HPS produces for about 3/4 of the electric consumption.

Tut to the right and Blue Heaven to the left both doing well both @ week 4 and look like they have finished their stretch, just had to raise the lights an inch or 2 this week. I had to put some supports in for the Tut some branches are starting to droop with either the weight or wind pressure from the fan blowing on them.

Side View.

20 Likes

Looking great man!!

Glad you’re getting your soil problems fixed, I know that was probably driving you nuts.

I’m definitely glad I decided to run led’s with this new setup, I used to laugh when people said they bought leds, mind you this WAS 10 plus years ago.
Led’s made major headway since then.
Arguably getting as good or better than hid bulbs, with much less heat and power consumption.

Flowering girls are looking great

8 Likes

Yeah it was, not knowing what to do was a pain but now I know my root zones are all in a fairly good place its just making sure there is enough stuff in there for them, to do their thing without upsetting the balance, which I can now do a little at a time.

I am really surprised at how little energy is required with LED’s to get similar results to the HPS. I wish I did this earlier but you live and learn.

9 Likes