A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Damn power is off again, 15 minutes so far, map says back on at 11 pm so 1 hour 45 minutes to go.

3 Likes

I was in the city visiting my sister today, and stopped at Princess Auto, they have a few styles of propane heaters there which I know you were thinking about.

Sucks about the power, it’s SUPER cold out tonight I just got home and my Bridgelux tent is down to 17C even with the exhaust turned all the way down. Winter is here!

5 Likes

Yeah power came on at 10.35 just finished changing all the timers again lol. Triple checked this time :worried: Yep its cold out there tonight switched the heater in the FR for a better one. With the 600W hps out there now, the fan is running almost constantly now, keeping the heat down. Thermostat on the wall is running off as well, my controller says its 22C and the thermostat on the wall clicks off at 17C probably be why it was constantly running this afternoon, as it was set to about 71-72C.

Cheers for the heads up, I will have to check out Princess autos online catalogue.

6 Likes

Just remember that those propane heaters give off a lot of CO2 and maybe some CO as well. I have one I bought about 18 years ago, a single Mr. Heater, and it saved my crop from freezing for 5 days so they’re better than nothing.

Just flipped my Hindu Kush ScroG girl to flower yesterday so day 2 today. Using one of the 600s I got in BC on her.

Our weather is up and down this time of year too but I got more cushion being down in the bunker so it doesn’t vary all that much. RH is way down around 20% so I got 4 - 14" drip trays with water in them under the screen and now it holds around 50 - 60% and my little humidifier plugged into my fan controller so it comes on when the exhaust fan does.

Nothing a $1000 dual-hose portable AC unit couldn’t fix. :slight_smile:

Going to the city on Sat. to pick up the wife’s Xmas prezzy. 55" 4K Smart TV for $400. Reg $1,100 but has a scratch or two on it. As new tho with full warranty and lots of bells and whistles. She can surf from the comfort of the couch now. Kid is getting the 32" in there now to replace a 32" CRT TV that is dying. I’m stuck with my 3 - 24" monitors in the mancave tho but scoring a new 6" inline as mine is packing it in.

Can’t believe it’s almost Xmas again. Print this and fold for a Xmas card.

10 Likes

if you do get a propane heater check to make sure the heat is adjustable. i bought one for the barn but ended up being too hot with no way to turn it down. found out also it burns all the oxygen in the air so i have to be careful when using it. it’s actually used enough oxygen to put itself out a couple of times when i was working in the other room and came back it was out .scares me using it but it will warm that space up in 10 minutes so it’s handy for going out working in the barn[it’s a sectioned off room in the barn not the whole thing].thinking of looking for a regulator that i can put in to control the heat.

7 Likes

They have indoor ones with a shut off when the oxygen gets low. Similar to the ones we had in the UK. They have 3 or 4 ceramic elements, and you can select how many you want on.

They had some 55" and 65" 4 k tvs in super store last weekend, Sharp and a no name brand $210 for the 55" and $410 for the 65" and no taxes. I was very tempted as our tv is 10 years old and the color is going red on the right side edge. There are some good deals going about.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas!

10 Likes

Happy Christmas to you to Ganja, and a great new year full of buds :thumbsup:

5 Likes

FFS power is out again, I am getting sick of having to re set these timers, just going to pull them out, and re set after the power comes back on, which is advised for 11pm tomorrow :angry:

2 Likes

Wow having some bad luck with the power eh? I’m sending this message from the local Legion after having a few beers and smoking some of your Ghost Toof x SBR and its top notch! Tastes a little bit sweeter than mine even!! Sending some good vibes your way!!

6 Likes

Everything sweeter when it’s free :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Could be because its organic :heart_eyes: and grown in
:unicorn: shit :rofl:

Power is back on again thank God, at least it’s warm out.

5 Likes

Weedly Update.

Veg tent things are looking brighter as I put the LED that was replaced in there. Fed the mothers up a bit as I have a buddy looking for some more clones from me. I think we are doing Tut, GDP and Sebs Rev. 2 of each, so will be doing 4 cuttings of each and I have another 4 cuttings of Hog :relaxed: from my nephew who is just about to flower out the Hog and Blueberry Cough I gave him a while ago.

The G99 in the corner still suffering a bit, got some leaf die off after cracking her branches the other week, as well as PH balance problem, its the same with the Blueberry CBD so I think it has to be PH they cant both have the same deficiencies at the same time. So while I am raising the PH a bit I am doing a foliar feed with silica as it looks like K deficiency still.

Not looking quite so bad the Blueberry CBD just a bit yellow and puckered so I think she is coming back around, time will tell.

Moms at the back, the DH and GH x C99 looking sad, once they pic up now they have more light I will get some more cuttings from them.

The 2 DHXC99 clones have joined the rest odf the seedlings, all going strong and throwing out lots of branches, bushing up nicely now.

Tucked in the back is the Green crack also bushing up well another clone sat in with that pot, cant remember what though lol.

In the Flower Room,
Another rocky week with power cuts and temperature problems, but I think we are back on track now with all the new plants that did not re veg showing pre flowers :cold_sweat:. 600W HPS is now running in the middle of the room almost so the majority of plants benefiting from it.

View of the jungle through the door.

Blueberry Cough looking very nice atm she has grown a couple of inches this week, I think I might have to thin her leaves out a bit after the stretch.

Then the Big Bang #2 starting to look good at 42 inches from the top of the pot.

The Sebs Rev not looking so happy with little branches popping out from all over the buds.

The Doc Holiday is getting wild at 47 inches from the top of the pothaving to raise the light every couple of days now.

View of the top of the Doc Holiday and the Big Bang #1 at the back.

Big Bang #1 from the side.She is looking a bit cramped in there and is keeping pace with the Doc Holiday…

The Tut at the back looks terrible with branches coming out her buds everywhere, the Blue Heaven at the front has just a couple of buds throwing out a leaf but looks like she is picking up the bud size and frost.

Close up Blue Heaven Buds nice trichs I hope the put more weight on though.

19 Likes

Glad you got the HOG back in the stable it’s truly a gem and was tonight’s tester, I gotta say you really are a master of your craft, I know you’ve had some bumps recently but you’ve taken it in stride and are coming out the other end with some nice buds.

Those revegreflower plants are funny looking, kinda neat if you ask me. Might be a pain in the ass to trim but there’s definitely some goodness in there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words Trev, coming from another grower, it means a lot to me, and I am glad you are liking the weed.

Yeah I am not sure what to make of it, never having this problem before, it does look strange, I just hope all those branches have enough time to develop in the stretch to make some decent sized buds and not hundreds of popcorn buds all over the plants, time will tell.

Looks like we are in for another big snow storm starting Tuesday and finishing Wednesday night. I hope it doesn’t change to rain near the end so I can at least use the snow blower to remove it from the drive.

5 Likes

things are looking good shadey. can’t wait to see how some of those taller ones finish. could be interesting. looks like you got the room full that’s for sure. just starting my indoor grow for the winter
now that i have permission from the wife to do it in the house again.

5 Likes

Yeah I was just reading your new thread man, I hope it goes well for you, don’t forget a smoke alarm in there :wink: seeds went in the post today for you.

4 Likes

smoke alarm went in before the plants lol.

5 Likes

Good safety first lol.

Put 6 more Hog cuttings in the cloner today, should get at least one, said that last time, and as soon as I potted them up they started to die on me, with 4 inch roots on them :rolling_eyes:

5 Likes

You’re slipping dude! Rooted clones dying is a sign of Xmas issues getting in the way! lol

My big Hindu was looking poorly a few days into 12/12 then I recalled watering her in with my unfiltered dugout water that is 400+ppm and around pH 8.4 a week back. I used 4L of RO water that I pHed down to 3.5 and soaked that in and the next day she looked vibrant again! Just let the pH get too high and now she’s happy.

When you’re dealing with 7gal of soil just using something like pH 6 won’t neutralize all the carbonates so it’s go hard or go home. Figured she’d either perk up or die and like I figured she perked up good. :slight_smile:

@Sebring sent me enough STS goodies to make one big batch but I’m going to cut it down to a few smaller batches and spray a branch or two on this girl and see what happens. She’s a keeper and I have two small plants from her to fall back on so WTF eh.

:peace:

5 Likes

That was a while ago and it was my mouth giving me grief after the perio dental work, I have been nursing the last one, but it gave up the ghost last week, still had good roots just no leaves lol.

Sounds good lots of beans man, I have issues with 2 plants in veg they have a K deficiency being watering at 6- 6.4 the last 2 weeks with silica but they don’t show any signs of improving yet, I was thinking raise the PH, but maybe its the other way around with my 10 gal pots. The last soil test I did showed a soil PH of between 6.0 and 6.5, maybe I should check them again instead of guessing.

2 Likes