A Shadey spot to grow, Perpetual organic no till

Hey broski, how’s the face doing?
I’ll be around this weekend if you wanna grab those beans, if not, I can mail them out to you.

2 Likes

Yeah apart from being ugly the face is OK lol, Sounds like a plan, what day and time is good for you man?

4 Likes

Saturday around 5 or 6? Gotta do a bit of xmas shopping during the day, but I can let ya know when home or anytime in Sunday

1 Like

OK Saturday sounds good, give me a shout when your back cheers :+1:

1 Like

Weedly Update.

In the veg tent the TER and Green Crack are starting to branch out as I bent the tops over early on in the week, along with the rest of the G99 branches I think one branch is looking unhappy atm, thinking of sticking the Blueberry CBD and G99 in the flower room next week or they are going to be huge by the time they stretch. I am thinking of putting the other 2 adoptions from Hardrock in the 5 gal pots that were for the autos that didn’t make it after a very cold night. The 4 TER have been bent over as well and are branching out nicely,might get some indication of their sex soon.

G99 looking sorry for herself again

Blueberry CBD looking good some lower leaves showing a little potassium deficiency or PH issue going on, I may raise the PH they have been getting watered around PH 6 - 6.2 for the last 3 weeks. they all got some OMBP and kelp meal this week as a top dressing, another couple of days and I will give them some bone meal as well.

The Green Crack bent well overand staked down lots of growth going on the lower branches now.

Seedlings and clones TER on the right and the 2 adoptions on the left starting to get some size. The ! DHXC99 doing OK but I have lost the Hog :frowning: 2 more DHXC99 under the dome of the cloner in solos now they haven’t wilted since I potted them up, so I will bring them into the veg tent tomorrow.

Mothers jammed into the coner looking a bit sad for themselves.

In the FR starting to see a few little pre flowers on the new ones the re vegged ones look like they are still re vegging except the Blue Heaves which looks done, haven’t checked the trichs, but she has done nothing since the timer fuck up.

These are all basically at the end of week 1 now.
Blueberry Cough looking really happy, starting to stretch a bit.

Big Bang #2 41 inches tall atm from the top of the pot, she is looking very happy as well.

Sebs Rev still producing leaves out of the buds :frowning:

Big Bang #1 is 43 inches tall atm its going to be interesting to see how big these get.

The DHXC99 is at 44 inches atm from the top of the pot and I am dreading how big she will get. She is close to 3 ft across the top :sweat:

The Tut can hardly see any of the buds that were previously there.

The Blue Heaven, not quite re vegged just completely stalled very heavy trichs on her though, maybe she will get back into flower mode and not die on me lol.

20 Likes

Sorry to hear you lost your HOG… hopefully you’ll like the Green Crack enough to take it’s place.

You got some BEASTS going on there man, are you ever gonna have a tonne of bud lol.

Hope the ones that reveled on ya, revert again soon.

Great to see ya again, yesterday man.

5 Likes

Cheers man, it was good seeing you as well thanks for the seeds :+1:.

I am hoping they will swing back in flower soon, I may just kill the Tut, I have a load of that jarred, I need some pots in the veg tent,

4 Likes

Made some oil yesterday using the Sebrings Revenge CBD buds, 110 grams total.

Blended them all up in the blender and then froze them for 24 hours as well as my 2 litres of alcohol. Then mixed it all together and put back in the freezer for 24 hours.

Got all my equipment ready.

Poured contents through a sive. Used the big spoon to press down the weed to get as much alcohol out of it.

Spooned the weed into a freezer bag in smaller amounts, with a small cut in the corner of the bag and twisted the bag as if icing a cake to get the last remaining amount out but still lose about 15% of the alcohol and whatever trichs its holds :frowning:

Then we come to the slow boring bit of filtering the alcohol, You can use coffee filters, I use clear coat paint filters as the mesh is really fine but I ran out, so I am using kitchen roll in a funnel. I get 3 funnels full per half piece, and have to ring the paper out as well to get as much alcohol from these. Once that is done I sit the bottle of weed alcohol outside for a couple of hours, in the sun light to get rid of as much chlorophyll as possible.

Get my still ready and pour the contents into the still set it at 86c and let it do its thing.

Then I pour out my contents from the still into a ceramic ramekin, and put that in a saucepan of water, with a silicone mat in the bottom of the saucepan to stop the noise of the ceramic dish that will bounce up and down on the bottom of the pan from the bubbles, and drive everyone crazy :slight_smile: once its up to heat and on simmer the bubbles of the alcohol will start to form as it gasses off.

I stir it every now and then until no more bubbles are evident and all the alcohol is out, then I load up my syringes, a 1 mil syringe will hold a gram of oil.

Sebrings Revenge CBD is a very resinous plant so I was hoping for at least 12% return, but I was very pleased to get 18.45 grams of oil from the 110grams of bud, probably somewhere around 16% :heart_eyes:

The wife and I will be testing it today to see how well it works.

24 Likes

Oils got a good color to it @Shadey I use a similar method for my concentrates only I use methanol for extraction which doesnt require heat.

4 Likes

Methanol? As in methyl hydrate from crappy tire??

2 Likes

@Grease_Monkey yep that’s the stuff. Same process as with qwiso, but no heat required you can leave it somewhere warm overnight and it will evaporate. The methanol has been scientifically proven to extract more cannabinoids than ISO, or even Buthane, but is less effective at terpene and volatile preservation. I generally put in about 15-20g of material and get a 15-20% return depending on quality of material going in. Always comes out like shatter, rock hard glass that needs to be heated or it will shatter into a million pieces.

7 Likes

That’s awesome… do you have a tutorial on any of your threads

2 Likes

I detailed it out a few times but god I’d never be able to find it. @Mr.Sparkle also uses this method (before he switched to rosin pressing)

It’s basically just your standard QWISO method, but with methyl hydrate as a solvent instead of isopropyl.

4 Likes

i still use it, when im not wanting to press a lot of bud, and its just going into my mix jar eventually…

thinking of tumblers for dry sift and rosin pressing that as the way to go for myself, but thats for a later date

5 Likes

Anyone try mixing kief with oil, I have a small jar of kief and a big lump of THC oil frozen, as well as liquid in syringes.

2 Likes

I like spreading the oil out on a paper, then dabbing the paper in kief, then filling the paper with dank weed hehe

It should be fine to add into your oil, but it will definitely gunk up a dab rig quicker.

2 Likes

Sometime’s I’ll use kief on the dabs like flouring a wet pizza dough, to make em easier to put on bowl packs of bud. Almost prefer it to dabbing.

4 Likes

Just been out in the flower room :frowning: temp was 47F and the extraction fan was going along with the heater full blast. Looks like all the rain yesterday pushed the RH up to 68% and then the rapid cool off of a 15 degree drop over night set a high RH causing the heater not to be able to catch up the heat enough to stop the extraction fan coming on, and sucking in more cold humid air, and you have a bad cycle of competition between the extractor and the heater.

Looks like the LEDs are not producing enough heat so replaced a 14 sil light with a 600W HPS and ballast in there, shut the fan down, took about 10 minutes to get the heat back up to 78F and then re set the RH controller to 70%. Hopefully that will keep the heat up in there, without the heater coming on during lights on, if not I will put the other 600W HPS in there as well and remove another 8 sil light.

I thought it might get a bit chilly with just LEDs but was thinking that would be Jan - Mar not now, its only minus 6 out there.

7 Likes

When I switched to LED I lost my HPS heat under the house here in the south. I have my 600w HPS still hanging in the center of the tent so I can turn it on when temps go way down.

I used to have temps in the 90s all through winter when I had a 1000w and a 600w HPS going in the 4x8. I could only run one of the lights in summer to keep from roasting my buds.

5 Likes

Yeah, last year I had the 1000W and a 600W HPS in there through the coldest part of the year, I was hoping to save some money on the electric, but I don’t think that is likely now. I would rather have the light, than just run a heater, I will be monitoring it the next few days, temps are supposed to go back up on the weekend to +10 to 12 with rain, and then another big drop into the minuses, I hate this kind of weather, I don’t mind either cold or warm, I just want fairly stable without the big swings :persevere:

8 Likes