Affordable COB LED Build

Cracking bit of work there bro. Looks sweet over the top of them too. You blown away by the difference in heat yet. Looks like we both ran in the same direction. Hps. Tube. Light spread looks much better too. Looks kinda similiar to my first build. I’m well impressed and you left room for strips too would ya look at that. You gonna automate now you’re running low power bro

3 Likes

Sink bar temps are around 25C so i probably could have run more cobs on these bars but it’s already brighter than my 400w hps cooltube setup. Think my own babes are getting jealous lol need to build my own bigger version now but that’s for next month - hopefully :grinning:

1 Like

lol one step at a time bro. Automation is the future and the future is here - almost :grin:

1 Like

It’ll come around before you know it bro. And you could have run more on the sinks defo. Just not on the driver. You know what to do with yours now too. Keep us posted how they do over those plants in your Mrs tent. She looks like she grows well

1 Like

Yeh mate i’ll update this thread as things progress with her autos. She’s been very patient with me over the years but then she uses the product for both med and rec reasons and over the years she has absorbed a lot of info. She only started doing her own grows a couple of years ago and shes gotten more interested in the process because of it.

1 Like

Been thinking maybe i should update the thread title to Affordable COB Build. Might be more accurate?

1 Like

Yep mine the same bro. She doesn’t grow it but she’s always been interested. Particularly in smoking it. Med and rec again she has fibromyalgia. My first ever ever run was to make her some oil. Aswell as a mates dad when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. (He’s clear now) can’t wait to get building again myself now. Mainly for other folks but those triple strips have piqued my attention especially at 36v

1 Like

Yeh those strips got my attention too bro, even reserved space for a later upgrade as you pointed out. We must have very similar minds lol. My missis uses weed to stop seizures and for pain (knee damage) my old man is 78 now and is asking about CBD so i’m up for a cutting from a mate of a pure CBD strain as soon as it’s available. Smoking some of his somango (royal queen seeds) just now and it’s very nice indeed :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve never considered cbd myself. Being a couch lock kinda smoker always leaned to higher thc strains. Currently smoking some liberty haze. Not really a daytime smoke but tis a Sunday after all. And after all the help I give you. You made my wiring look shoddy ha

1 Like

lol sorry bro, been working with electrics for 30 odd years. I’m the same when i comes to my smoke bro. Used to favour heavy indica but nowadays i’m more into a mix. Sampled some serious seeds cbd chronic last year. Not very potent but dam good pain killer.

2 Likes

Might have a go of a cbd pen and see what I reckon. I’m rarely pained though. Other than the Mrs and my lad lol

2 Likes

Temp in her tent last night at it’s warmest reached 24C so about 3C above house ambient and the hottest part of the sink bars read 32C. That’s after being on for around 14hrs so it’s looking good so far.
I ordered more cobs yesterday for my own version which will have 11 cobs spread across 3 x 90cm long heat sink bars for around 300w with space left over for solstrips which can be added at some point later.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that mate. I’d say that’s a job well done and if that’s 14 hours in mate it’s not gonna get hotter. Unless ambient does obviously. Be good to see how you get on with the switch.

1 Like

Cheers bro, i lowered it today, it’s now about 11 inches above the tops and seems to be very cool running. Need to watch for bleaching cos the leaves look to be getting twice the light that mine are from that 400w cooltube. I’m actually a bit jealous now of something i built which is very strange indeed :grinning:

2 Likes

Ordered 3 x 90cm sink bars so i can now build my own 300w rig. Things are progressing :thumbsup:

1 Like

I keep looking in her tent now, cant help myself lol seeing those trichomes glowing in bright natural looking light is captivating after all the years of trump orange hps glow making the girls look sick. She has just ordered some new seeds to grow in there http://www.herbiesheadshop.com/dinafem-og-kush-cbd-autoflowering-feminised-seeds-7947

Need a new painkiller and this stuff seems to be a good contender.

2 Likes

That’s the rest of the bits and pieces ordered for my own rig build and a fellow OG member is very kindly sending me a driver (cheers @anon58740919) at no charge cos he’s a champion bloke who likes to help out other growers. If you want an awesome UK built LED rig built give him a shout folks.

4 Likes

Meh. It was a freebie driver from my last build sent by mouser as a replacement. I’ve used it for testing so it can’t be sold. And well you’re a cool guy so why the fuck not. (Plus it’s a cob driver)

Also guys if you wanna build your own. Parts are available. As an absolute fucking Brucey bonus for you bro my mates just dropped a sack of f2 purple Badlands seeds. I’ll stick a couple in with your driver

1 Like

wow thanks bro, that’s an awesome double gift mate. Cant wait to get my new rig going now :sunglasses:

1 Like

I gifted the original Greenpoint seeds a while back to my yockshire buddy on the grounds I get fem cuts as and when. (There’s actually 2 rooted and a goji og too to replace any bollock showers in my tent) I can’t afford to breed with 2x4 ft space and a severe smoke habit ha. I’ll stick you 10 in.no promises on what you will get as he’s had 2 phenos a taller one that showed a fair bit of purple and smoked like a champion. And a shorter green pheno that was still a nice smoke but nowhere near as sledgehammer like

2 Likes