Alaskagrown’s Blueberry Auto’s

Man they seem to handle transplant really well, not my experience with other autos, that’s awesome.

5 Likes

Beautiful plants. Mine showed up today thanks again :v:

3 Likes

those roots tho :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Nice roots👍

2 Likes

Thanks @Alaskagrown
Got them today dropping in March

7 Likes

They got a little wilted from the shock as you can see in the picture’s…but all in all not too shabby!

Next time I’ll use my small fabric bags instead of those damn solo cups so shock should be at a minimum…I knew better but was being lazy! Lol

Alaskagrown

4 Likes

@BasementBeans glad they made it safe n sound!

@Brokehoe looks like you have a bunch to play with… :wink:

Enjoy!!

Alaskagrown

2 Likes

That’s what I was gonna ask actually, whether you have any special tech to transplant out of the solos, I’ve had an auto full blown flower on me like a week after transplant, makes you realize why folks tell you not to. Figure some genetics are heartier than others tho. Man I can’t wait for the snow to thaw to start popping these things and get em outside!

3 Likes

I do…before transplant let the solo cups dry out a bit…the soil will shrink up some making it easier to remove.(don’t water until after transplanted)

Turn cup upside down then push on the bottom(try not to flex the sides)…should pop out right into your hand…then transplant into new container…water around transplant to make sure it’s well watered and set in place well…

That’s about it…just be as delicate as possible with the roots. :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

6 Likes

It’s the little things isn’t it? I usually work the shit out of the sides of the cups to get em loose. Go figure that’s wrong, gotta remember to go easy I s’pose. Thanks for sharing dude!

4 Likes

Always in the details my friend!

2 Likes

How’s the weather there in AK man??

2 Likes

-10 F today…it’s cold! Lol

2 Likes

Just got done digging this cedar shake and siding out of a pile of snow and ice…getting it thawed out and acclimated to this environment before installation…fun time’s!! Haha

Alaskagrown

9 Likes

Oh man that’s rough, this time of year is no good for outdoor work if it can be avoided. We had a heatwave here at a high of 26, we hit like -15 a couple days ago, looking at another big dump of snow end of the week. Hope you stay warm up there on the last frontier bro!

2 Likes

@Alaskagrown

Package received! BB auto regs :cool::cool::fire:

2 Likes

I always keep the runts too… I’m going to struggle to cull when I have 100 seeds popping at the same time :rofl: So looking forward to blueberries being part of that first 100! Thanks again!

Do you know much about the genetics/original breeder, of did you bring these into auto? Did I miss that part?

3 Likes

These Blueberry Auto’s were gifted to me a long time ago…came from Breedbay which is shut down so I honestly couldn’t tell you where they came from or the original breeder. I do know it’s contains DJ Short Blueberry as has the mutants/runts in the gene pool!

I started all of what I had…ended up with 8 females and 6-7 male’s…did a open pollination for a seed increase for a specific project…

Ended up with WAY more than I needed so passed the love onto you good folks here @Overgrow

Currently working the line to stabilize more Blueberry phenotypes before I add in another Blueberry line or two…

Alaskagrown

15 Likes

Nice, thanks for that! Do the mutants/runts show right away, or does it take some time? Your plan is similar to what I had in mind. Though I was going to cross it with whatever else makes it to the tent as well. Like I said, one of my favorite strains so they’ll be fun to play with. Double grape and jammy dodgers #2 will definitely get dusted…

I was also thinking I wanted to cross it back with another blueberry. Maybe fast buds, but I haven’t heard much about any great auto blueberries. Let know know what you were thinking (if it’s not a secret) and I’ll go a different direction, will be interesting to swap down the road if you’re game.

1 Like

Got them today Brian, thank you.

1 Like