Albannach - Satori Grow

Hey your welcome @Swampthing and yeh i like what i’ve read about them and their ethos. These are from fresh stock and according to Mike even better this time round. They ran out of satori last year before i got around to buying it, didn’t make that mistake this year. I have somehow acquired quite a selection of their genetics over the past 2 years :grin: The 3 males out of 3 purple badlands did throw me, i thought i’d get at least 1. The satori have come through for me though but they will be big by the time they finish the stretch eh.

Some many beautiful strains, so little time…

3 Likes

Lol Exactly! Good to know they’re the new batch. I’ll be following closely bc I haven’t pulled the trigger on them yet but that’s a really super special strain. If it hasn’t changed much you’re in for a delightful experience with em.
Do you have any favorites from them yet? Others I’ve been interested in were “8 miles high” and “sadhu”. I’ve heard mixed results on the Sadhu but it’s still something I wanted to give a go myself. And I’ll have to totally agree with you 100% about their ethos @Albannach they really do seem like some great people.
Anyway, glad you’re getting a better female ratio this time. It’s always back and forth for me with no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I’ll have tons of females and sometimes not… super stoked to see those big girls blast off. Those really are some pretty plants.

Cheers man
Swampy

3 Likes

Thanks bro they had pH issues with AN Sensi (pH Perfect :laughing:) a few weeks ago so i changed to Canna Coco nutes and increased the humidity. I wanted to try Sadhu but they drooped it, i got 10 Ganish instead :thumbsup: The only other Mandala i have grown so far was their Far Out (fem) it got big really fast and was potent stuff but it tasted woody and i’m not in a hurry to grow that one again. I’m really looking forward to smoking that Satori bro.

I better get on, got plants to feed and the missis solstrip rig to finish and test. A

1 Like

Got the missis new rig finished today.

I still cant get over how fast these Satori are growing.

14 Likes

It’s the perfect led light set up and your awesome growing skills you got there I’m sure. . . maybe genetic has something to do with it but I doubt it

2 Likes

Genetics are everything, or it’s just another weed eh. Give them what they want and no more is the key. I still get caught out, the big one on the right grew so fast it got too close to the leds before i noticed. I’ve been distracted building her new rig but i wanted it done so her current autos can benefit from it.

3 Likes

Oh I bet her autos will love that! And good thing you run Leds or that could have been a disaster. I’ve never grown indoor (well I am try atm) but with what ive researched (a lot from the info you gave me on my solar growing thread.) In my opinion I cant see how everyone isn’t running leds. . . Less kWh, less heat, etc. and I honestly think it produces better smoke than other traditional lighting methods(from pictures I’ve seen)

1 Like

I’m done with scorching my plants with sodium lighting but it’s taken a very long time to get where we are now with led’s. A lot are set in their ways and plenty have had a negative experience with cheap Chinese blurple led panels.

Decent led grow lighting is not cheap and plenty wont convert their grows until either the price comes down or the cost of energy doubles and they cant afford not to. I personally hate spending a small fortune on energy to have less than half of it turned into useful light. Then i have to spend even more money to dump the rest of that energy cos it’s become unwanted heat. I gave cooltubes a try before i gave up on sodium for good but that was a backwards step imo.

We would have had to shut down completely 5 or 6 weeks ago if i hadn’t ditched the HPS fixtures. This summer is hot!

7 Likes

Those satori look beastly brother. As does the Mrs rig. You need to stop upstaging me. Completely irrelevant but watched a Netflix Scotland movie last night. Wasn’t too bad a lot of beer. A few bonfires. Dangerous birds and crazy families. Plus a festival called alban isla…is it real :rofl:

2 Likes

Well thank goodness you are a smart man. A dumb one would be saying “I wish I had”

2 Likes

The smart man buys the LED he needs. A manc man buys a load and sells them to the smart man. A manc man is not a smart man :rofl:

2 Likes

If I was in the UK I’d definitely be buying from you just like when I get “on-grid” soon I’ll be picking some up from @Baudelaire
What is this world coming to people???

Edit- wait your the manc man? I don’t think so I think your sitting on a goldmine and once the UK (sorry no offence) pulls there head out of their a**, you’ll be a rich man!

3 Likes

And id say the same about the US pulling their heads out too but we all know that wont happen soon

3 Likes

l just know a good thing when i see one bro, usually lol. I actually wanted SolStrips initially but my (limited) previous experience of buying from the US put me off. That’s why i went with cobs at first. I hoped you had secured a sweet deal there bro but if the customer wont pay a fair price, it’s them that will loose out most in the end.

They had the chance just like i did and i’m bloody grateful for it thanks bro :thumbsup:

1 Like

@Albannach You are about to have a full tent. Good thing that’s all the females you have! Looking nice!

2 Likes

Cheers bro! I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday :grin:

To be fair sales are up a touch now the weather is destroying people’s souls. Still not making a great deal. But I’m saving a few people headaches so that’s something.

I’ll finish wiring this little 240w 3500k tomorrow to Chuck over reikoX auto and the tent back in my shed. Gonna be effort but at least it’s something

6 Likes

That’s the problem with new ventures, they can take so long to build up the business many people loose heart. That’s a nice wee rig eh bro. I recon that’s the way to go cos it keeps the cost down and you could turn them out quite quickly. Folk could maybe add more of them later like a modular system when they can afford to.

I’m very glad i went with external drivers now, the things get fairly hot in this weather eh.

1 Like

Hey Alban have you tried microgrowing like Mr.Sparkle? he got an amazing GPW on his last cut. Would that benefit your grow at all?

2 Likes

Closest i’ve got to a productive micro grow was a 3 x 2 wardrobe with a 600W HPS in an open reflector :laughing: That was a very long time ago, i grew a huge cone like a witches hat but i couldn’t deal with the heat no matter what i did. I had to throw about 5 oz of it out cos it was rotten in the middle.

That was an eye opener cos my first ever grow was also in a small wardrobe but i bolted two 80W HPS yard flood lights together. I also built a diy flood and drain system for it but i had endless problems with it choking up. I tried again several times over the years, enough to assure me i didn’t want anything more to do with active hydro systems.

I’m helping an old friend just now with his own stealth wardrobe grow. I sold him my 250W cob rig for what it cost to me to build it. He decided he needed to build another one before we had even finished the first one :laughing:

4 Likes