Alpine Haze 1.0

I am new here, but thought I’d sign up and check it out.

About to do an elimination round on the 10 keepers of the last ~120 Alpine 1.0.

2 yrs in a row the Silk S mother has rated the highest ocimene and CBG of the entries in Piffcon haze competitions. An intoxicating dank frankincense and high vibration elevated mood enhancement effect. She’s the mother of Alpine 1.0 which displays an array of all of her best traits. 28800

52 Likes

Welcome to the site StoneGuru! I’ll be buckling up for this run and if you haven’t introduced yourself yet you should head over to the thread and introduce yourself!

7 Likes

Welcome my friend! Very cool, sounds very intriguing :thinking: looking forward to seeing more @StoneGuru

5 Likes

Very cool project @StoneGuru and welcome to OG! The Nigerian Haze descended from the Silk was one of my all time favorite top shelf herbs to get in NYC a decade ago, still haven’t found anything with that much happy bright get up and go energy.

10 Likes

Thank you @Sodapop odapop and @TopShelfTrees1 :pray:. I am just trying to figure out this site

I’ll post more pictures of everything that led up till now. This is the mom to The Alpine 1.0. SILK S. Highest ocimene in 2 consecutive years of Piffcon and CBG I think though I didn’t enter any last year.

It might be one of the highest ocimene recorded that is Myrcene dominant…about 3-4× most incense haze types… some of the Alpine 1.0 seem to have surpassed at even higher levels, though I haven’t tested anything since

IMG_20220206_004306902

31 Likes

That’s amazing are you going to continue to press t for higher CBG and ocimene levels through your selection?? This seems like a plant with great medicinal benefits

1 Like

That’s awesome! So cool!

@StoneGuru I like to do open source research posts here on OG and a while ago I got hyper focused on the NS, I’d be curious to hear your take on any of this:

6 Likes

A lot is shrouded in Mystery. My haze obsession started about '93-'94. A local Chicago cut of Nevil’s NL5×haze called “the Jar”.

To this day anyone who had it which was quite a few would recall it as the best haze they ever had. One buddy would make it to the dam for the cup at that time and said our local cut was still better than the cup winner. It was about $480 an oz all the way up and we would complain all day and still move units of brick and bcster to afford it. A’s op went down and the cut was lost.

By the time ~'96 I started buying up anything and everything haze to refind it, it had all went to shit by compare. I didn’t know anything about Sensi’s repacking Nevil’s work at that time, but ran theirs, Nice, nada. No compare in anything I ever found.

From what I understand Nevil’s all got packed up in the original sensi offering. Quite possibly different variations if the collections said 5haze anywhere on them.

This original pack is what JJ found the male out of for Nigerian Silk. He was one of very few at the time who had the sense to not cross or select to NL and went with the NLD male. Further. It was crossed to the Nigerian Silk clone only. Pure Sativa.

JJ had something go wrong and the other cuts as well as the seed inventory of the Nigerian Haze original was all lost so all the award winning Variations are all off one cut at this point. A testimony to Nevil’s side primarily imo.

I have been on the hunt for the original Chicago type cut for 30 yrs and probably 20k in seed and to answer if I have found it’s equal or it’s type the answer is a resounding and clear no. Only pieces.

Piff isn’t it. It’s the one the EC is familiar with. The incense type. The Chicago cut penetrated and pierced with pine needle fuel. A nug in a jar cracked would carry through a floor of an apartment, but yes, the burn would also mute cuts like CBH on the frankincense factor. Another old friend flew out to piffcon to see if there was anything like the Chicago cut. He said awesome smoke, but not even the same type of 5haze we knew

Anyway. I am rambling. In all this time and countless haze plants there are 3-4 plants that had this profile come through and they all had Nigerian Haze in them. That said I have probably went through ~12-15 Nigerian Haze makes, in hundreds of plants and only found it that many times and JJ’s cut doesn’t have what I’m talking about in it either though with a great enough hunt it’s a potential in there…maybe .02% by my count so far. Unfortunately those 4 did not get properly backed up so still going

The Silk is a separate Cali haze that goes back at least to the original book of buds first print, but even there there was scepticism on if it was Nigerian. Grown out many of those landrace and nothing similar to me. I know one guy Beyond organics that works with original silk seed stock and one that has the original cut.

More likely a Cali haze that went it’s own way separate from Sam’s collection. That all said through process of elimination and familiarity the Silk S has many traits that are Nevil’s 5haze dominant rather than silk.

37 Likes

Nice plant, and good luck with the project. Looks awesome :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Thank you,

This last set of pictures are random of the keepers going into elimination round…maybe multiples will be kept. It was done over 4 rounds so they have never been run together. I tried to select for novelty on each one so it should be a nice range.

10 Likes

There are so many genetic mutation within the line.

The old 5haze type had the similar trichome all the way down the stems, massive calyxs Tufts. Needle stems, no leaf in late flower, floating node or were branching occured mid way up stem rather than node. Fiery to rust pistels

11 Likes

a1be35513f1c6d0199e133baffa2b8e3

Hey! Welcome to OG. Hope you like it here! :wave:

9 Likes

Looking fantastic mate :ok_hand:

4 Likes

A couple of the Silk S mother. The test was done from the seed run of her rather than cut. She was also half seeded with the Alpine makes. The terpenes and looks are noticably higher since the testing was done.

Screenshot_20231127-144539~2

15 Likes

Currently the Silk S x Male N is in testing. This was the smallest batch of seed. The male was the heaviest flower producer of the ~40 males, had the mutations and the trait of ceasing all sugar and fan leaf in flower. This was a noticable trait in the original 5haze type I have been looking for. About 10 testers of 20 total seed.

12 Likes

CBG converts to some CBD :expressionless:

1 Like

Most equatorial seem to have higher CBG and low to no CBD from what analysis I’ve seen. Are you saying that CBG convert to CBD when burning or when metabolized?

I have a strain that produces only CBG. No CBD or THC synthase available. The trichomes are dusty. The plant still breaks down like this

CBGA>CBDA&THCA>CBD&THC

I have tried just using CBG and CBG+THC and CBG+THCV and they all make my joints sore just like pure CBD does.

I was hoping to use the CBG to convert only to THCA to produce higher THCA in bottlenecked populations but. It is always some CBD :frowning: and CBD is as mentioned, not for me.

5 Likes

That sounds like a really fascinating project to dive into. I have some Black African Magic seed I have been wanting to get into. A legendary older line that likely has very high THCV.

The complexities of cannabinoids and individual receptors is quite a layer…then that each terpene has its own reactions with the cannabinoids in us…almost unfathomable…then the boiling points of each or method of delivery.

Have you researched how or which terpenes could help? The ocimene in this line for example has powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and decongestive properties…

Bio-chemistry isn’t an area of study for me. I don’t have physical ailments, but would generally describe this combination of cannabinoids and terpenes very strongly Sativa spiritual or mentally beneficial rather than physical. Very clear clean energy that comes in serging euphoria waves. No load, no stone, just high.

10 Likes