Alpine Haze 1.0

Hey @StoneGuru . I would like to ask a quick question if I may? Do you know anything about Sam Skunkmans haze? Thank you. :grin:

1 Like

I ran a fair amount of it ~100 in the late 90’s with a friend after loosing the original haze5 and the local 5haze from Nevils first release.

At the time it seemed hopelessly different, but maybe it was better than I thought at the time. I had the bar set so high initially that I may not have given the time and attention I would today.

I never revisited it so I can’t say. Been watching and listening for what people find in Tom Hills increase. I’m a believer that everything is in there with enough time work and a little luck, but probably won’t dive in unless I pick up some acreage near the equator.

3 Likes

It wasn’t just Sam’s though. My experience is the same as others. Nevil’s had changed quite a bit too. We (mostly he) ran Nevil’s haze in either 98 or 99. Some of it was jarring and incredibly potent, but more meat, savory ammonia profiles…Others have spent more time researching the stories, but from my experience there was a very significant difference in profile and looks from TSB to after.

3 Likes

@StoneGuru . I dont remember if you told us already but what is your prefered light schedule? What are your temperatures?

2 Likes

It stays about a constant 60% humidity and 70° with a dehumidifier running constantly. 10h light average.

It’s a build a soil type mix. The process is set up for hunting the most amount of material for the least amount of space and electric.

I don’t get the best version of anything with this process, but keep it healthy through the cycle to identify traits.

They are put under the canopy in the flowering room at around node 5 about a month before finish. As they stretch the rest are dropping leaves approaching the finish line. A backup cut is taken on the stretch and transplanted from 1 gallon into 3 as plants finish. This results in finishing about 25 haze plants per 5×5 every 8w… packs them in and the overlap saves another 30% on flowering time. A potential of ~300 per year per light.

Most plants are pruned to 2-3 main branches to make everything fit. Is the dehumidifier stops I am swimming like a trout upstream to the plants within minutes.:joy:. There is a lot of biomass in a small area.

The build a soil keeps everything healthy with such a range of requirements and types. I am looking for one more piece to the puzzle and then I’ll slow back down to growing for flower and a more comfortable pace… hopefully this year. It’s been about 5 years now quarter at this pace :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

This was an Alpine 1.0 find from round one. It is similar, but so much more complex and developed than it was a year ago. It smells like everything I would want of an old school metal fruit and hardwood haze. It won’t be culled. She is just getting started around half way.

9 Likes

That bud looks amazing! About how long from cracked seed to that point?

1 Like

Would the Buzzsaw portion of your Alpine Haze happen to be A5 Haze x Thai Bx?

1 Like

For this one It was taken about 14w on the seed run. I have been taking them when 80% cloudy/first sign of amber.

Many of the Alpine 1.0 have an extremely dense field of sessile or stalkless trichomes under the stalked. I do not know how long they could go or how the effects may change.

-At this stage it is very high vibration spiritual medicine. About 80% of the population is 13-14 w. 10% shorter and 10% longer with out any notable benefits yet.

The Alpine 1.0 change quite a bit over multiple cycles. This maturation is observable through mutations, profile, bouquet etc…this means what you like in the seed run will develop more until about cutting/ flowering 3 where it platues.

This may be observable shortly. This was the seed run

8 Likes

In this make 88 were grown after finding the type I lost 30+ years ago. 2 true outliers of a line that was a typical burned out haze line overall. They were different. Silk S that is known and Buzzsaw.

Buzzsaw was called that for the serration pattern. Typical wood skill saw blade tooth profile. This doesn’t mean anything in itself, but that and other traits distinguished it from its population.

2 other males were selected for defining attributes of the variations and different extents found in the body of the population for checks and references. One line is logged S&K and the other in testing S&N

The swan dive into Buzzsaw was as a result of the CBH x Buzzsaw testers. Exactly what was needed. This translated differently in the Alpine 1.0, but exactly the right thing at this stage. Those and others will be available in this February collections.

The male has since been lost due to labeling error. I Had to process it a bit after discovering what it could do. I did it myself unintentionally. Had it backed up was holding it and was just one cell in the tray off when I was culling, but it’s legacy lives on.

This line has been developed quite a few times removed so a re-combination with anything A5t or Outback would likely bring out novel transgressive traits different than either line independently…in part

7 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for the clarification.
I’m inspired by your breeding passion.

4 Likes

All the rest of the Alpine 1.0 make aside from one pack going into deep freezer.

Should be able to send in more record breaking unsmokable haze to Piffcon in time for testing again​:joy::joy:

8 Likes