An absence of green dots

So the old pips required double the previous likes for each new one. New pips, same system, higher minimum for the first pip?

1 Like

Yes it is exponential scale… So basically we are using square root of likes… but there will be slight tuning in next version…

8 Likes

The green dots shrank like my c#ck after a line :rofl:jk

6 Likes

Or going for a dip in freezing cold water :joy:

3 Likes

Hey what did I do ? Green dots have diminished :smiley:

1 Like

Damnit @STIGGY you keep messing me up with your constant profile pic changes lol

2 Likes

Looks better now, thanks … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Anyone else not have an avatar

1 Like

Yeah. I had to redo mine in the preferences section.

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Well I have no idea where that pic is so here’s one until I find one.

2 Likes

In the thread about the new site up-date @LemonadeJoe said the avatars will be re-populating. It sounded like it could take a while, but they would come back.

3 Likes

Exactly… Currently only about 15-20% of avatars have been repopulated. It will take 3-4 days. But they will come back.

With the update there was last change in algorithm for green pips, so this version is now final :smiley:

This is the current function (x-axis likes, y-axis karma pips)

10 Likes

Boy @ lemonade joe! That looks pretty damn difficult to have even thought up! Its a good thing we have you at the helm. Thanks again.

3 Likes

@LemonadeJoe So, when you broke out the slide rule and calculus book, just how stoned were you? lol

4 Likes

just so you know, green pips come and go. I had 7 or so last month then skipped internet for a bit. was back down to 4

The missing pips is not from a lack of presence on the site. There was a change in the system resulting in everybody having fewer pips ,I had almost 20 and am down to 9.

4 Likes

Exactly… There is a topic about it…

4 Likes

missing pips happened before the update And on top of that, your pips are linked to liking posts and replying to and starting threads so 100% linked to your onsite activity

6 Likes

So the pips go down if your not on here for a while ? I understand there related to your amount of activity but I did not know they would go down based on length of time sense last active which is what the proposed issue seemed to be.

No, pips are just a interpretation of likes received…

5 Likes