Anti-vibration devices

So I have been thinking about taking a dive into DWC mainly because of @CLOSETGROWTH and his successes. However I was wondering what people here found useful for stopping vibration.

I currently use exhaust rings to hang fans on and they take almost every bit of vibration to my hanging hooks so I don’t get bothered with the vibration on the floor. BUT NOW I’ll be having to run an air pump and the one I have vibrates like crazy so I need to come up with a solution to fix that. I have not tried to use the exhaust rings to sit it on just yet but I’ve seen cork boards/tiles and other options so what do you people use if anything. Thankyou for your info in advance :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I used to use air box foam as it’s what I had laying around. It worked really well. Its designed to allow airflow through it unlike other sponge like substances. :+1:

2 Likes

What’s that the packaging foam? I’ve got some of that stuff laying round actually bought a slab of it a bit back for a case I was making might have to do a test run on that :thinking:

2 Likes

First of all, Thanks for the comment Explorer!.. Very nice of you! :blush:

I fold a small towel 3 times, and placed it directly underneath my GH pump, and it seems to help out a whole lot! … :slight_smile::+1:

The Huge pump in the flowering room,… Now, thats a whole different story! Had to move out to the country just so I could run the damn thing!!.. :laughing:

4 Likes

Mine’s were not too big (aquarium type :fish:) so In just hanged them so won’t touch anything, I don’t know if it is possible in your case, cheers … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I can see this topic being un popular with the OG LADIES :flushed:.

5 Likes

It goes into the air box mate. It’s not exhaust packing. I had it laying around as I change them often riding 2 strokes. :+1:

2 Likes

not the safest method but i do it all the time tie a loop in the power cord and hang it with a bungie.

5 Likes

@CLOSETGROWTH you’re very welcome just be careful not to fall off balance now with that big head :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::wink:

@Esrgood4u I sort of get what you mean the sound proofing stuff, this is what I’ve got laying round.

And cheers @George and @argo945 for some reason I never thought of just hanging it lol bungee cord and some exhaust rubber rings will probably take all the vibration from the pump :+1:t2: Think we’re onto a winner already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And we’ll have to start a new topic for turning the settings up for you ladies @Tinytuttle :rofl:

4 Likes

It filters the air in the air box before it gets to the carb.
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replacement-Foam-Air-Filter-Compatible-With-Honda-G100-Engine/141447640099?ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=2&pub=5575376664&toolid=10001&campid=5338268676&customid=Cj0KCQjw0IDtBRC6ARIsAIA5gWv8NejIZJyPqjB3mmeKgYo8WzH2z88H2xUE44azwu5fp59z4hWp5swaAtkTEALw_wcB&lgeo=1&item=141447640099&srcrot=710-53481-19255-0&rvr_id=2140991861607&rvr_ts=bbd994d316d0a4d058a125e1fff78f56&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&ul_noapp=true&pageci=fa1849a3-2888-479a-b058-2b421a569cd4&epid=1637181452

2 Likes

Dual diaphragm from GH will be your friend. Incredibly quiet and powerful. Also solid. I’ve had mine running for 7 years and haven’t even had to rebuild the diaphragm.

They also come with a mounting plate and vibration isolation. You could use the mounting plate and attach it to additional vibration isolation. It’s quiet enough for me on its own though.

My pondmaster ap-100 is a beast and is still pretty quiet. I mainly use that one now. Has like 32 outlets and I can use it for both veg and flower and still have extra outlets. You get what you pay for with air pumps. Those cheapie active aqua commercial ones are so loud.

5 Likes

I run two of those and they’re noisy as heck when sitting on anything. I found that hanging it from the handle via rubber tubing totally eliminated the noise though.

7 Likes

Ya hanging with bungees always works great if that’s an option.

7 Likes

in architectural soundproofing, the most effective method is to build walls with a thin cushion of air to prevent the mechanical transference of vibrations through surface contact.

hanging is the best method.

if that’s too difficult, or you just need to quickly jury rig something up, setting your pump or inline fan on an empty sturdy plastic container with a rubber lid will absorb most of the physical vibration. a tupperware or rubbermaid container works well.

It’s not perfect, but it will run much quieter and dampen the vibrations enough that your equipment can’t be heard by people in other apartments or neighboring houses with adjoining walls.

edit-
folded smart pots can also be a good temporary solution if you need to set equipment up on the ground inside your tent or grow room where it might get wet or dirty. the smart pot fabric will dampen the vibration, and because it’s intended for gardening use you don’t need to worry about mold formation.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your input.
Not tried a rubber lid before but makes sense so I’ll give it a go. For fan vibrations sounds mad but pillows work a charm for that.

1 Like

That’s what I do…if you can see it in my rats nest here…lol

1 Like