Any reason to choose Canna over House and Garden?

I’ve been told their coco A&B lines are exactly the same…

I couldda heard a pin drop…

@HolyAngel would you care to comment?

I’ve not tried the Canna Coco line specifically.

I’ve only tried the Canna Aqua line in DWC, and House and Garden Aqua Flakes line in DWC.

My buddy swears by Canna Coco in coco, and I think he does really well with it… but it’s still pricy.

Between the two products, in DWC, I definitely preferred the House and Garden Aqua Flakes.

At this point though, I’d much rather just go with maxigro, maxibloom, and calmag. Or jacks.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing :+1:

1 Like

Both are high quality nutrient lines used and loved by many. If you’re already getting great results and don’t mind the price, there’s no need to switch. I doubt one is better than the other.

But, like @HolyAngel said, you can certainly get the same results with something far cheaper and with less additives.

You can fix a lot of the idiosyncrasies of coco coir by cutting it 50/50 with something more inert like perlite or rockwool mini cubes.

4 Likes

Ok, Folks, kindly put you money in the Collection Plate, you’ve just been to Church!!! If you have one, jot those notes down, valuable lesson, indeed. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :heart_eyes: :pray:

2 Likes

It’s been a long time since I’ve ran hydro. I’ve mostly used general hydroponics 3 part. Tried some advanced nutrients $$$.

I’ve just never been happy with the taste of the final product compared to growing in soil with guano teas. But, my buds don’t bulk up nearly as much in soil…

Some people swear by canna a-b. I was looking at my hydro store and saw house and garden. About $35 a bottle.
The guy that runs the shop told me that the same guy created both brands, and they are exactly the same…

Thought I’d see if I could find out more information here-

anyone try FloraFlex in coco coir?

1 Like