Canna Coco A B User's

Hey folk’s, tbh I’m reluctant to even entertain the thought but it’s what it is?

I’ve been whinging about watery terps since taking up growing again after some troubles with the authorities.

I started back using canna nutrient, my plants were always really healthy so the nutrient didn’t cross my mind as the issue, not in any serious capacity anyways tbh I thought genetics deep down.

So after numerous mids crops with canna suddenly things are working out better than ever at the change of nutrient to hydrocrop and megacrop?

Growing is back to how I remember it when the biggest average is at least decent, this got me thinking about earlier days and it was using ionic 1 part i used and it was fire tbf.

Like I said I’m reluctant to entertain the thought but to me the chances of this happening are so slim it just doesn’t happen
in the real world?

Have you used canna ab how did/do you get on with it namely for flavour?

2 Likes

Just switched to canna for convenience sake. I prefer Growers Ark but having separate veg and bloom is an arse ache. I used canna to finish off some fritter licker x pink runtz from Karma. It’s really nice weed. I’m coming to the end of a crop grown solely with canna and it stinks the upstairs out when I stick me head in the tent. I’ll let you know how it smokes but by christ it definitely stinks.

2 Likes

That would great if you would, it’s a bonus you’ve already used another nutrient to compare it with, thanks bud.

1 Like

I’ve used loads. GA, Intense, hydrocrop, ionic, Novamax and now canna. The best were GA and intense. Ionic is decent and cheap as hell but it’s like piss water so you go through 5L in ten minutes. Canna seems to be working nice and at less than £40 for 5L it’s budget friendly and you don’t have to go too mental with it. I’ll follow the page and give you an update in 3 weeks or so

2 Likes

I ordered 20ltr of ionic at the weekend I’ve only just recieved it and measured the ec and yes it’s like piss water right enough, I need 10ml per litre to give me 1.2ec with canna I only need 2.5ml ab for 1.2ec

The next time I buy nutrient I might try GA or Intense I’ll certainly put more research into it.

1 Like

The npk ratio on bottles will tell you how concentrated it is for comparisons on value befor you buy

2 Likes

This is something I’ve wondered about in the past but not growing in soil I didn’t think it applied and I never got the opportunity to ask.

So for example 3-3-3 npk is the same as 12-12-12 npk only more concentrated?

I edited in more concentrated :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Yes just 4x stronger

1 Like

And say 11/9/ 10 I would still class as 1/1/1 type

1 Like

For a good concentrated feed I can recommend GHE Novamax. It’s super thick so needs a really good shake. If you measure via syringe you’ll need summat with a bigger opening. It’s like McDonald’s milkshake. But it’s around £17-20 a litre. However in the pound for pound stakes it definitely holds its own

The ionic piss water eh :slight_smile: it’s good stuff though. Works a treat. I have a 40L reservoir so I went through it so fast. But I was hard up. £20 for 5L was a no brainer. But it turned out I was half mugging myself. That’s how I ended up with canna.

2 Likes

Are you using cann pk and boost? Ive been using canna line for the past couple grows and have been very pleased, but i do feel that AB on its own is lacking micronutrients. I added boost and pk and grew some of my best flower last round.

2 Likes

Gotta love that boost
: )

1 Like

Its overpriced, for sure, but that stuff makes my plants blow da faq up and they get sooooooo damn frosty and sticky!!! My buddy thats real big into organics made is own form of boost with some fermented stuff. Going to play around with it, but canna boost is amazing stuff

2 Likes

Canna don’t mess about

How did your friend replicate it or similar ? @douggyfresh420

1 Like

I also have canna cure and canna start and of course rhizo

The cure I’m gonna use on mum before taking cuts , for postin , to see if it helps cuts in transit
: )

Canna start I’m pondering using as finish with extra k
To boost micro elements in reduced ppm/ec ( might boost terps )

I think mag sulphur and iron are for terps tho ???

Obviously I will use them both for what they were intended for as well ( just pondering other uses ideas )

2 Likes

Im not 100% sure. Hes crazy about this stuff though. Told him id try it. My last run i cut off the AB completely the last week and just ran bloom with epsom salt at about 600ppm. Plants turned out very nice.

2 Likes

Hey bud, that’s interesting that is, I only use ab base nutrients?
I’d overlooked the fact I was adding boost when things were going good, I’d assumed because they were healthy they’d be at their best now I’m less sure?

Thing is i agree with @ifish in that canna don’t mess around they know their shit.
I’ve got gorilla glue and cheese dipz growing atm they’ve both been grown with canna so that’ll be interesting.

I’m not forgetting it’s easy to overlook something and think something else is responsible for changes?

Thanks guys

Reducing n in flower will increase terps and bud density noticeably

When increasing ec as you go thru flower
Don’t increase a and b , use pk13/14 to increase ec

What ever the ec you start at in week 3 ( a and b ) keep that ec going as base and just up ec using pk for following weeks on top

2 Likes

Do you cut out the pk eventually or run it the whole way through?