Anyone making their own meals, flours eg: oyster shell flour etc

So I’m working on using nubes recipe which is as follows
High ph (7.5 +) tapwater Simplified Clackamas Coots Mix for hard water

Mix on a tarp. This does not need to be cooked. You can use it same day.

1.5cuft bale of peat moss (fluffs to 2.5cuft)
2.5cuft of compost or mix of expensive compost (bu's blend or oly fish compost) or humus and worm castings (mixed in and for top-dress)
2.5cuft of aeration - P & V or organic rice hulls work

4cups Fish Bone Meal
4cups Kelp Meal
4cups Neem Seed Meal (neem cake)
4cups Milled Malted Barley - 2 or 6 row

10cups Rock Dust
10cups Gypsum
1.5cups Langbeinite

NOTE:  The above is what I used in ABQ - just let tapwater sit out for 24hrs, then use without anything else.  For outdoors, straight tapwater is fine.

After the plant is in the final container, top-dress with 1" worm castings on top of the soil, plus 1tbsp each of kelp meal and neem seed meal per gallon of soil. Then compost or cover crop or rice hulls or perlite or sand + mosquito dunks on top.

Normal ph tapwater (6.0 - 7.5) Simplified Clackamas Coots Mix

1.5cuft bale of peat moss (fluffs to 2.5cuft)
2.5cuft of compost or mix of compost and humus and EWC (mixed in and for top-dress)
2.5cuft of aeration - P & V or organic rice hulls work

4cups Crustacean Meal (crab & shrimp)
4cups Fish Bone Meal
4cups Kelp Meal
4cups Neem Seed Meal (neem cake)
4cups Milled Malted Barley - 2 or 6 row

10cups Rock Dust
10cups Gypsum
10cups Oyster Shell Flour
1.5cups Langbeinite

NOTE If your water pH is close to the high end of this range, use slightly less oyster shell flour. If it’s close to the low end of the range, use slightly more of that, crustacean meal, and fish bone meal. Don’t add lime.

The crustacean meal is way out of my price range as mentioned and I live at the ass end of the world even shipping something cheap from another country ends up being double in shipping and that brings the price back up to or more than $100 per Kg far to much

Is this on a forum somewhere I would like to see his new version.

So based on the the above recipe what would need to be changed in terms or quantities if the crustacean/shrimp meal is removed?

I can get the Langbeinite and OSF
In addition to the recipe above I have on hand insect frass, fish meal chicken manure pellets, alfa alfa pellets, dolomite lime

2 Likes