Anyone ordered from Pua MAna OHANA?

I found new seedbank specializing in Hawaiian genetics. They are out of most stock…but still fascinating. Has anyone ordered from them?

2 Likes

@Yetigrows is the man you’re looking for

Before you buy:

7 Likes

There is a lot of drama with them, but I think @webeblzr gave them a try and got some nice plants from them. Maybe he can share his experience.

Lots of drama and finger pointing though… You could find threads about it out there.

1 Like

I’ve ordered multiple times. I read some sketchy stuff after my first order, but it went smooth and I was happy so I ordered again.

Their puna duck is probably one of the best tasting weeds I’ve ever smoked.

I have 2 of their plants in my yard (puna duck and hi x 5)

I’m after their GDP electric as I’ve heard wonderful things.

If you are going to order, sign up for the newsletter but not with your main email addy as you will get a “newsletter” every other day.

The good thing is the discount codes, current one is extra 46% off, which you can also combine with their “buy 2 get one free” offer. Works out to 3 packs for the price of 1 more or less…

3 Likes

I only found 3 strains in stock out of 6 pages. They all had the Elephant in them. I wonder what’s up with that? What’s there is $46 instead of $100.

2 Likes

Thanks bro

I really need to get to these Puna Duck you sent me, lol :grin:

1 Like

Known scammer. Many aliases.

You might get some decent plants because it isn’t hard to make good seeds, but your chances of them actually being what they say they are, are nil.

Avoid. Plenty of reputable banks and breeders out there and on this board, don’t feed the scammers and fakers.

6 Likes

Been a known scammer for a long time. Been banned on many forums and comes back with a new username. Fake stories and a weird obsession with whoever greyskull seeds is.

edit: also usually attacks anyone who questions all the bs stories. There’s a decent amount of info still on a bunch of other forums I’m surprised the fraud is still in business.

6 Likes

That’s standard.

They will have Maui wowie and something else coming soon according to newsletter.

2 Likes

Ordered, items arrived, no growing yet, however. I do know, I get 2 - 3 messages about Cannabis curing Corona Virus!!! No opinion, to be honest ($46 only). Probably will put 1/2 pack up in the September Thingy!!! SS/BW…mister…you know!!! :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Greyskull is a very competent grower from Hawaii who’s been on the forums forever who has called out his nonsense.

Which explains why Pua Mana hates him lol.

7 Likes

Thanks! That’s all I need to know!

1 Like

I showed the pua mana website to a local grower who moved here from hawaii. He said none of the strains in stock were anything he heard of, and that many of the names were ridiculous and implausible.

Frankly he was insulted by language used by the people who wrote the site, but he did get a laugh out of how truly far fetched some of the stories in the descriptions were.

He said that most of the growers he knew were growing modern american genetics, and that there was great bud available but heirlooms were pretty much nonexistent. He said the islands are small, it’s damp and hot so seeds don’t keep very long.

He told me most of the families that were growing in the 60’s and 70’s (especially the native hawaiians who actually originated these lines) had lost their land by now when the land was being developed for tourism and high income communities. so it would be unlikely that anyone had kept up the lines continuously.

I’m inclined to trust him, but that’s just my (and his) opinion.

He said that anyone growing heirlooms on the islands now would probably just try to find the oldest thai import seeds that they had access to.

On a personal note, this what gentrification does. It busts up unique local cultures and deprives the world of their uniqueness.

After the gentrification, the posers show up and try to claim ownership of the culture originated by the locals they displaced.

10 Likes

The story I saw was that he was running the seed bank out of Oregon. then, it went on and on.

Great insight, seems a lot of native Hawaiians feel infringed upon by newer arrivals. A lot of the “state of Hawaii” signs have been modified with “stolen from the people of”

2 Likes

pua is a fraud and wouldnt respond to my emails but kept sending me marketing crap.

1 Like