Anyone tried Raindrip or Mister Landscaper drip irrigation kits?

Being that I am still a working stiff, I have to travel for 4-7 days every once in a while for business. Trying to come up with a way to get water to plants during my absence. I’m using coco in 3 gal pots. The way these things are sucking up water during vegging, I’m thinking they will need water at least every 2-3 days at most, maybe even every 1-2. If I can drip feed without problems during that time I’d feel a lot more at ease.

If these things suck, I don’t want to waste my hard earned money, but if they will get me through in a pinch then I’ll probably give them a try.

Anyone have any experiences or knowledge they might feel inclined to part with?

Thanks,
SkyDog

Have you looked into flood and drain bucket systems like oxygen pot systems?

1 Like

Not sure how many plants you run, but for someone who also travels a lot converting over to an automated system will save you lots of heartache.

Drippers are designed to pass water through and any chemicals are sure to plug them and cause further issues in about 3 to 4 weeks.

I can leave for weeks at a time with a system like this.

https://express.google.com/product/16789276538897703384_0_1699011?mall=WashingtonDC&directCheckout=1&utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=product_ads&utm_campaign=gsx&dclid=CKS_goyy09sCFYioyAodrtMBnw

1 Like

Mine is similar but utilizes smart pots offering more of a freedom of medium

1 Like

2 gallon smart pots fit right in and can be used as a filter if someone found a need to use something else besides coco. Truth be told these systems are far more versatile than a smart pot. They also will not go out of whack like dripper systems that only drain to waste and cause nutrient build up.

2 Likes

I just ran a cycle using the rain drip emmiters… granted im in soil and only added molasses and mammoth P to my res, I had no issues over the 2 months I used them. I will say to do a test run so you’re 100% they are all giving equal amounts of water to each plant.
For my situation I’ll be upgrading to micro sprayers, I feel the drippers don’t give enough coverage, like I had dry areas of soil evendors with 2 drippers per plant.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies and ideas @LED_Seedz, @Enstromentals, & @Dewb. I haven’t done a lot of research on Flood & Drain or any other automated systems probably more due to stupidity on my part. I’m on my first grow right now and gaining a lot more knowledge over the last month and a half than I had when I began. It never occurred to me that I would have to figure out how to get nutrition to the babies when I was away. Most times I travel on business and the wife can help but this year we are vacationing together (what a concept) on a couple occasions so I am trying to prepare. I still have a month or more until I have to do something.

I will spend some time checking out my options. You have given me a couple of ideas to expand upon. Thank you!

1 Like

If I ever went hydro I would definitely go EB and Flo. The E&F buckets are a great choice for height restricted areas too! @LED_Seedz, what is your opinion on the aqua pot systems? Heard anything good or bad about them?

Autopot 12 Pot System With 225Ltr Flexitank https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019EBAKO6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_BdQiBbCS18T43

1 Like

@ReikoX check out the oxygen pot systems. Works like a charm and I like the ability to use any medium

2 Likes