Anyone use this LED?

I was curious if anyone uses the Aglex M320 LED and what their experience with it is.

Will it be a good substitute for my 2 1000w and 2 600w hps in my 6’x9’ grow space?

I know I will save me money in the long run in power but I’m just not too educated on the comparisons and abilities of LEDs

I would only need to buy 2 of these going by their suggested coverage. Where I have 4 digital ballasts to cover the same area.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly hitting 30 watts per square foot is the goal.

3 Likes

I have not so I’m not much help I’m sorry.
Keep an eye out for discount codes on Amazon before you pull the trigger.just watch that item all week.
I don’t know what you would pay for that unit but I just got a 450watt quantum board with 2 meanwell drivers for 209.25 CAD shipped

Ya your aiming for 30watts per square foot of growing area in flower ,if you have your setup dialled in and are running c02 you can push even more watts per sq ft

2 Likes

Okay, but is a, say, 300w led the equivalent of a 300w hps? If not should I be looking at the ppf? Ppfd? Does this make the wattage rule null and void?

If that’s the case I would need 3 of these 4’x6’ leds to make up the wattage of a single 1000w hps that is 2’x2’ with a flower coverage area of 33sqft.

It’s really hurting my brain.

1 Like

If your goal is to replace a 1000 w bulb. Lights like gavita pro 1700 or growers choice roi e720 (or similar) are the lights which commercial ops are switching to. Theses lights have the real wallop experienced growers are used to. Unfortunately they are significantly more expensive. Judging by your current set up. I don’t think you’d be happy with switching to the suggested product. hope this helps.

5 Likes

Yeah! See at that price though it would take 5 or 6 years to make up the cost in power savings. I really just can’t find a way (even though I’m trying) to justify spending the money to make the switch.

2 Likes

I held on to my thowies for a long time for the same reason. There’s something to be said for owning them already. Plus you know they do the job. In the end other factors like heat, longevity, bulb replacement, bud production should also be considered.

4 Likes

Heat is a big one for me. 3200w of hps produces alot of heat. I have cool tubes with an 8" inline fan to suck out a bunch of the heat, my ballasts are located in another room so their heat footprint is not an issue and an ac, I feel like I wouldn’t rely as heavily on my ac and inline fan as much if I had leds. But I’m regularly cropping out around 3 lbs with my 3200w of light between 4 fixtures. Maybe ill just sit back, have a toke and wait a while instead of rushing this decision

5 Likes

If your happy with your end product and can manage the heat the bulbs put off I’d stay where your at for now.
6x9 = 54 sq feet X 30watts = 1620watts of quality leds for that space.

2 Likes

Yea, and I have potential for 10’x10’ that’s 3000w… guess imma stick with my digi ballasts in that room… they sure cost a lot in hydro, but they are tried, tested and true and I do love the results I get. I may still try out an LED or 2 in my 4x8 tent, I think it would be a good start and allow me to monitor and log the results I get. I am still open to dialog, discussion, pointers, ideas and info on different LEDS and and setups, coverages, yields etc.

3 Likes

If you’re into a little diy, you can emulate these LEDs for a 4x4 space or in your case a 4x8 space. We used 2 fixtures each, you’d need 4. Theoretically using about 1400w.
Give this a read through.
https://overgrow.com/t/a-total-nubes-diy-led-build/41269
Hope it helps! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ill be running a luxx 645w in a 5x5’ which is similar to a gavita pro. You’re gonna want to go bigger than 300w imo

2 Likes

I use some of the aglex COBs for backup LEDs, and I like em just fine but wouldn’t do production with em. For the price they kick ass but really only the top half of the plant will produce dense buds. That could also be a penetration issue so I’m interested to see how this more spread out design works out for you. Great thing is their lights run suuuper cool so you can get most plants right up near em without any problems or bleaching

2 Likes

One of those MIGHT push 4*4 but you’d be hitting maybe 500ppf max, and that’s lackluster at best. Manufacturers always boost their numbers to ridiculous degrees. I’d use smaller linear arrays and way more of them, or diy from cutter components.

5 Likes

The average LED grow light draws about 32 watts to cover 1 sq ft for flowering.
6’x9’ grow space =54 sqft*32 Watts=1728 Watt led grow light .I suggest you can use 2PCS 900 LED

2 Likes

Those look nice, also decent price point from what I’ve seen for 900w. Thanks!

What about this?

1 Like

I would need to buy 6-9 of them for my grow space, not really financially viable

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t notice the size.

Ultimately it comes down to user preference but for me the decision was easy.

My 300w LED is twice the light my 250w HPS was.

My rig is mid range at best and I’ve hit 1.5g per watt.

You’ve got a big space to fill so you’re looking at major sticker shock.

Best of luck.

3 Likes