Apps for Seed Collections

There is nothing wrong with a spreadsheet program at all, I just thought I would ask around to see if there were any other apps that I am unaware of that might be of interest. I have some experience with excel, but not a lot, though and I am sure I could learn what I need to quickly. It sounds like it works well for you. Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

for sure man, I was just playing. I do love how how much info you can see all at once - but it’s definitely not the prettiest of applications.

1 Like

Lol

I started with VisiCalc on pc. That was preceded by Fortran using punch cards on mainframe.

You are a mere babe :kissing_heart:

1 Like

yeah, it’s in your handle!

regards,

I’d be interested in this as well.

Excuse me?

Ole,
as in old or is that a First Name my mistake being made is entirely possible?

regards,

1 Like

For those not skilled in Excel, I thought I’d share a template of my Strain Log.

You can download it at the link below. (I hope it’s okay to share here?)
@DannyTerpintine STRAIN LOG EXCEL TEMPLATE

Add your new strains, breeder info, etc. to the bottom empty row. Then to organize it…

To arrange info:

1. Click The Colmun “C” over “BREEDER”. This will highlight the entire C column.
  2. Click “Data” at the top of the excel program.
  3. Click the “Sort” button.
  4. Click “OK” at the bottom right of the popup.

This will rearrange your entire line (breeder, strain, packs, etc) in alphabetical order by breeder.

Here’s a screenshot of what it will look like:
@dannyterpintine Strain Log Excel Template tinyupload hosting delete info screenshot

9 Likes

Very similar to mine :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

thanks for sharing, however the link isn’t working for me

1 Like

I couldn’t download either… Thanks for the info…

Your spreadsheet is very similar to what I started with. I’ve since added columns containing the female, male/pollen donor, & seed storage container. There were a couple times I wanted to see how many strains I had that used Bodhi’s Strawberry Milk or how many packs list Sour Diesel as the female, so I spent the time adding those columns.

I keep the sheet sorted using a custom sort: container > breeder a-z > strain a-z, which helps alleviate the need to search through multiple containers to find the seeds I’m looking for.

2 Likes

yeah don’t know why the link doesn’t work, I reuploaded it before too. Can’t you upload directly to og like you can a regular picture?

I keep an Excel spreadsheet. One tab for purchases, one tab for my work, one tab for my list of live cultivars.

3 Likes

This is close to what I do but I add the lineage, projected flowering times, initials of my source, etc. I also have a column to tell me which container it’s in my seed fridge. That prevents me from opening them all up in a scavenger hunt and exposing them all to unnecessary moisture and humidity.

3 Likes