Do you keep a log of your seeds in Excel?

I am putting together a worksheet that will track all the seeds i get/have. would anyone be able to share an example of something similar?

17 Likes

That’s what I do. See below for a screenshot:

20 Likes

@other_barry sure does… I’ll have to inventory and do the same soon.

1 Like

Thats where i was heading lol i only missing 4 of your columns and it would be identical

3 Likes

Mine is similar to Randar’s. A couple more columns so I can sort/filter by parent if desired and I track how many seeds I’ve popped versus how many I have. Oh yeah…and a container number in addition to vial so I know which container I’m looking for in my seed storage.

Edit: I also have other columns that may or may not contain info (approx. height, flower time, type (sat/ind), etc) but they’re also not often provided–or correct, if provided. For example, I found one seed maker used to print the exact same details (est. height, flower time, est. THC/CBD etc.) in the cardboard wrapper regardless of the seeds inside–even when the cross had no common parents.

6 Likes

It seems like my version kind of picks and chooses from yours and @Randar

Awesome im about to have the most extensive list for less than 20 seeds lol

1 Like

Careful, the spreadsheets don’t stay short for long. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I use word but excel is a great idea Personal Seed Inventory.pdf (126.1 KB)

1 Like

I use notion.so as a tracker for my seed stash. It’s really flexible and works great to create relations between different elements you determine. For example, if I have multiple seeds that share certain characteristics (Breeder, Lineage, etc) I just open up the page for that element and see everything linked to it.

If you want an offline option, I’ve also been toying around with Obsidian which uses simple markdown in local text files to create much better looking pages.

6 Likes

Obsidian looks pretty damn cool. That could be a whole project on its own lol

1 Like

The relational element stuff would be cool. I just prefer not to use proprietary stuff like that just for
the simple tracking I need. The meat & potatoes of my Excel spreadsheet can be pulled into a spreadsheet from Google, Apple, etc., or just a plain old cumbersome CSV file. I’m not sure the same can be said about either notion.so or Obsidian. But it definitely looks cool.

4 Likes

I used Google sheets but after getting like 200 more packs I just kinda gave up

3 Likes

I feel like notion is more geared towards teams… or maybe organizing a breeding project

Nah. I used to keep track of all my packs but now I just throw them all in a large igloo cooler in cold storage. I know whats there and in my mind nobody else needs that info. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I believe there may be a con Leche cross in there for me… :joy:

2 Likes

Wait… You didn’t get those yet?! :thinking:
:raised_hands:

1 Like

Haha :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ve got enough on my plate so I wasn’t worried

Just thought I’d poke at your cooler

1 Like

Oh, I do keep details of all individual transactions that are in-flight, so I do know who I have sent beans to and from whom I received certain items from. But that list is OG- and Discord-specific so not comprehensive. I am waiting on some Grape Dragon and Grape Skittlez myself!

3 Likes

Glad to see I’m not the only one… though your word doc is fancier than mine. I’ve thought about doing something more comprehensive than my simple list, but it feels like it’d be more trouble than it’s worth at this point.

4 Likes

I knew i couldn’t be the only person that thought of it so i figured where are the most knowledgeable people on the subject and ill bet someone has one .

1 Like