Aquaponics videos and debate

Ok, i thinking that interesting for someone and i open the new toppic :slight_smile: There we can debate aboute all different stile of aquaponics… some ideas? :clap::clap:
I think look at that guy :smiley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T33D8V6JGw

Yeah I tried it once with my friend :smiley: Just the same way as this guy. I have got a big pond in my garden with plants and many fish inside but there was still too little nutrients than required :frowning: So the plant lived but didnt grow at all. Wastn even green as much. and I couldnt get nutrients in 10000 galons of water :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I have seen it done with the same results you had. Wasn’t enough food available.

What about in a small man made pond, more or less a big reservoir.

I say for me it’s a greed or just a unknowledge and happines :)… I start 5 years ago with goals to build a 80m2 aquaponics system with many plants and fish, but that is not that simple! 2 mounts ago i made it and finally start it :smiley: I have really good time with my plants and fish but here is the problem, very similar than you have too little nutrents… I just want to say that really important if you a beginners you start with small sistem till you become the master of your small system. It’s better for your wallet :slight_smile:

Have a good time!

2 Likes

And yes! If you have roots in a fish tank, you must protect them with some kind of network or plastic box. I tried it in aquarium aquaponics… i show you latter :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDT58-BXtCw

1 Like

I wanna show you guys some progress in my aquaponics system. I planted seed’s in mid of September, now it’s look like this :smiley:
Here is young spinach in my system.

And bublles in biological filter :smiley:

Dug a hole for Kaki tree.

This is what you get from little seed of salad LoL

6 Likes

Aquaponics works great when set up properly.

2 Likes

It is totaly true Steve! :slight_smile: and it is better to do small system for the first time expiriment :slight_smile:
Tnxfor stop by :herb:

2 Likes

it doesnt work that well expensive to correct difeciencies with stuff that wont kill fish

learned a ton of chemistry though

and its awesome for not fruiting/flowering plants other than the calcium def…

i believe it works best in combination with other systems bioponics incorporated beds of medium with worms composting ebb flood tables dwc it can work just need to experiment and its fun anyway keep it small use recycled materials all that you know

1 Like