Growing in a turboklone

I have a turboklone t96 that a friend gave me. I’m wondering what you guys thought about growing a couple plants stay to finish in it. Would it work, and if so how many do you think would fit?

2 Likes

It’s for cloning no??? I doubt you could do a full grow in it.

1 Like

That’s what I was wondering. I want to dip my toes into aeroponics.

1 Like

Yeah aeroponics is an expensive way to do things. Try hydro and make yourself a bubble bucket. I run 4 and the most expensive part was £20 for a 4 way airpump. Works extremely well as long as you can keep algae at bay :+1:

3 Likes

I think I’ll just hang onto it and try my hand away cloning. Thanks!

1 Like

Cloner’s just like a bubble bucket should work

2 Likes

Nowt expensive here mate

Looks mint

1 Like

turboklone spray a mist across the roots mate. He could maybe grow old small plant but when the roots reach the bottom they are gonna mound up and the spray won’t hit the ones underneath :+1:
It’s root rot waiting to happen

1 Like

You don’t understand mate that you need to really dial in the fineness of the spray and the rate it comes out.

1 Like

Thats what aeroponics is though theres loads of people doing it that way not just weed growers.

1 Like

The spray has to be fine enough and cover the entire root system. I’m not trying to put you off giving it a go but understand the fine tweaking involved and constant adjustments. Build a bubbler and blast it with a huge airpump. More oxygen = bigger healthier plants.
@anon32470837 please chime in and explain.

I understand what you’re saying mate, but guy in the video seems to mean business, you can use different nozzles to him if you chose.
I was just showing the other kid.

I think it would be too noisy for me to try :cry:

1 Like

:+1:

Ugh. To me, following my recent experience with the damned stuff, this statement sounds a lot like “It’s really easy to go to space, as long as you keep gravity at bay” :wink:

2 Likes

I understand mate but it’s the nozzles that cost a fortune :rofl: you know me. I’d have gave it a blast if I thought it could be done on the cheap. I think your best option for you is a Wilma or autopot system with coco mate but you will have to store the rez somewhere cool :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah you didn’t have much luck did you mate. It’s a little different for me. UK our hottest day is probably the equivalent to your coldest :laughing: you exhausted every option. If you could have somehow chilled the water it would have helped a lot I bet as that was the last thing you could do to stop the algae growing

1 Like

Sure it can be used, I would do 3 row’s with 6 inch between the plants.
I estimate 15 clones, maybe a week veg. Then flip them into 12/12, and they should fill that cloner out fine.

If you have it, I see no reason not to use it.

You might have to change the res once a week, but I see no reason why this should not work.

3 Likes

They don’t mate you can get them cheap af on ebay nd amazon.

I know you’re going to try this now :wink:

1 Like

I’d have thought the roots not getting any water at the bottom once they gather up would cause root rot??

More than likely go balls out spending money I’ve not got come the new year aye :laughing:

1 Like

There is water in the bottom on the unit, and the misters splashes water everywhere.

There is a Demo video on YouTube from the company I think, where they show a clear unit and how it works.

2 Likes