AreoCloner Cleaning

Thanks for the warm welcome in the “Introduce yourself @OG” thread.

Hours of work have prevented me from doing much with the last crop, so I figured that I may as well clean it up. Before I got my degree, I thought that I was going to be a horticulturist, so many of my methods reflect how I learned in class.

This form I made in inkscape is similar to one from school. We used this Lab Journal page to document stuff we did around the greenhouses.

As you can see, I filled it out for the cleaning.

And here is a picture after reassembly.

I hope to put some clones in here soon. My plants have seen better days, but I have had a little extra time to work with them lately.

8 Likes

That’s nice and organized. I assume these would be stored in some kind of lab notebook so everyone can see what was done. For my personal grow, I take thoughrough notes using Evernote on my phone. I can snap a few pictures even embed audio notes. Most of what I post is stored in Evernote.

As for the cleaning of the cloner, you don’t run the pump for a while in the bleach water?

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been working on my mist controller. I always run clean water in the cloner; the bleach is just used for cleaning. I don’t run the pump when the bleach is in the tub, but I do swish the pump around a bit in the solution.

I’ve recreated a few more of the forms we used in propagation class.

These were normally different colors, and the teacher would say grab such and such. Over the semester the paperwork piled up, so I’m thinking of having a hanging file folder for each area. Then, dividing the forms by month using 1/3 file folders. All through college, I used OneNote religiously, but a clipboard and a pen is good enough for me right now.

2 Likes

That’s great. I need to get into the habit of doing a better job of recording at that level of detail. Kudos.