August Platform Upgrade Complete

FWIW, I find not being able to view blocked posts a real problem.

10 Likes

Can you give me an example?

Acknowledged… I will see what I can do…

5 Likes

@LemonadeJoe
I’m seeing that most of the youtube embeds and links on the site that were posted before the update are broken, causing a lot of broken conversations and posts that just look empty. The embeds are gone, and they don’t display the link.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

It has totally destroyed all the music threads. in informational topics, lots of valuable reference material is gone.

1 Like

Hey @zephyr , can you play the links in this thread. I just ran a bunch of videos as far back as the beginning of June and they are working.

4 Likes

These work but they’re all posted this year. older posts from 2022 and earlier are definitely effected. Since the upgrade I’ve mostly been seeing broken links, occasionally I get some that show up but it seems random. Maybe this is on my end, I’ll try again later.

I know other people were getting this right after the update a few people posted about youtube embeds dissappearing or youtube links showing up as a photo with no embed window.

2 Likes

@LemonadeJoe another question,

I can’t find the option to embed a photo from a linked address after the update.
to embed a linked photo in the body of a post.

Previously you had requested that if people want to repost a photo they have already uploaded to the site, they should link to that photo in the existing post instead of reuploading. I don’t want to waste space on the servers.

How do you do that after the update?
Before the update when you clicked the photo upload button it showed two options, a text box to paste a hyperlink for a linked photo, or browse and upload. Now when I click that button it just opens the file browser to upload.

1 Like

I seem to be able to get links back to here.

Before and after that the thread seems to be missing a bunch of stuff and is sporadic until here.

From there on it seems fine. Not sure about why that is though.

2 Likes

Yeah this is what I see:

I got one video loaded, and everything in the surrounding posts is empty

2 Likes

Yeah, I see the same thing before the last link I posted too but was not sure what the state of it was before.

1 Like

I was having no problem with the old posts on these threads before the update, I often use these as playlists

1 Like

So this I can help you with. If you are on a pc, right click on the picture and click “copy link address”. Then past that.

If on a phone, press and hold on the pic and then click copy link. Then paste to the post you want.

Edit: That displays the pic from the file that was previously uploaded and already on the server so there is no wasted space like you would get from uploading again. :v:

3 Likes

Ok cool thanks. Previously that didn’t work without the image tags that the forum software added. That’s an improvement being able to simply paste the link. It doesn’t show the slideshow/ enlarge view, but shows the full size image if you open it in a new tab.

1 Like

Please post a link to affected posts. Thanks

System automatically detects duplicates and won’t waste any space. No need to address that on user’s side.

I don’t recall such a request.

5 Likes

Anyone else getting the message. Its on a new post i just liked for the first time.

2 Likes

Try to reload the site in a browser, removing cookies (or private / anon browser session). Or log out and back login.

3 Likes